West Ham (A) | Sun 7 Aug 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old pep and his stubborn ways I say he will stick with the exact same team from the dippers game and we will get the draw

Alternative central London option is easy walk from Euston to St Pancras (signposted), plenty of options at St P, The Betjeman Arms is a much more impressive place than the Spoon's at the other end or you've got the goods yard at immediately adjacent Kings Cross.
6 minutes to Stratford International from StP & as has been said on here, use tap in/out for much cheaper fare than a paper ticket.
I think the StP to Stratford line is HS1, so is at a small premium (and excludes my otherwise excellent Oyster60 card!). Not keen on the Betjeman myself, decent interior but staff can be a bit up their own arse. Euston Tap and Doric Arch both just outside Euston stn are good for beer. Not sure where I'll be nearer to ground, last time I was there we did some micro offerings, Howling Hops, Beer Merchants, expensive but what can you do? It's ridiculous that Stratford itself, as a major change hub, does not have a much better offering of pubs.

Yup, same old stupid Pep, no wonder we lost out on 4 titles in the past 5 seasons :( I hope he learns from his mistakes this time around.
Lol my first pre match post and half expected a reply of this kind. Just an opinion mate, he is fairly stubborn with team selections, I wasn’t questioning the man’s credentials or successes though and who called him stupid? Stubborn my man ;-)

In the olden days didn't the champions always kick off the season at home? Normally against a promoted side - I can remember us going to Anfield for our opening game under Machin's managership.

Re. the team line up I think we need to be more compact and have better passing options at the back so a back 4 of Walker Stones Dias and Ake would seem sensible.

Cancelo at LB can be a game winner but needs to have players covering for him which will be easier when all are up to speed.

I think Mahrez needs to adjust his game some and focus more on assists and crossing rather than cutting in and shooting as much as he has done to date.

Hoping for a win but it will be a tough game - lets hope the Hammers have been at the ale over the Summer.

In the olden days didn't the champions always kick off the season at home? Normally against a promoted side - I can remember us going to Anfield for our opening game under Machin's managership.

Re. the team line up I think we need to be more compact and have better passing options at the back so a back 4 of Walker Stones Dias and Ake would seem sensible.

Cancelo at LB can be a game winner but needs to have players covering for him which will be easier when all are up to speed.

I think Mahrez needs to adjust his game some and focus more on assists and crossing rather than cutting in and shooting as much as he has done to date.

Hoping for a win but it will be a tough game - lets hope the Hammers have been at the ale over the Summer.
Dont know if true but heard that we specifically ask to start away because the stadium is used for events in the summer

Would be surprised to see Stones and Dias at the back together whilst we have no left footed left back. Don't think Pep likes the imbalance of having 4 right footers back there.

Hope I'm wrong as I'm not sure we sign a left back now.

Yup, same old stupid Pep, no wonder we lost out on 4 titles in the past 5 seasons :( I hope he learns from his mistakes this time around.
I despair of this place sometimes mate. The football we play, the trophies we win, and yet some people hone in on any little failure. We lost a fucking friendly and didn’t manage to sign a full back nobody had heard of a year ago and suddenly we’re shit. Fucking morons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.