West Ham (A) | Sun 7 Aug 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how reliable it is but just looked at awaygames.co.uk which suggests (for away fans at whu):
Tap East, closest to Stratford and possibly a nightmare walk thru westfield shopping but sounds a good beer selection
Golden Grove, small spoons heading away from stadium to the east, near Maryland stn
Howling Hops Tankroom, nw of the stadium, near to Hackney Wick stn which is walkable from Stratford or Vic line 2 stops from euston to Highbury then change for (what I think is the) North London overground line to HW.

Be interested to hear where Blues have gathered in the past.
Always go to Hackney Wick. Much better than dealing with Stratford. Get the tube to Highbury & Islington and then the overground to Hackney Wick. Go to Crate or Howling Hops which are next to each other on the way to the ground.

Not an ideal first fixture, given how off the pace we looked today but hopefully we’ll be sharper with another week of training behind us.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw the same starting XI as today, but I’d like to see Stones, Foden and Alvarez from the off.
Yep I'd go with this too.

I think with the 5 subs Pep may gamble more on players “underbaked” with fitness these first few games.

Very tough game, we looked miles off it on Saturday in parts.
Let's hope we can get some crosses in from Mahrez this week instead of passing everything to the opposition keeper.

We should be winning. Would be nice if we weren't playing catch up in the Autumn as usual and didn't get off to a slow start
This is what I’m worried about. There’s only so many times you can do that and still come out on top. I genuinely can’t see many/any teams beating the dippers other than us, so we need to be bang at it from the off.

Moyes always had his teams up for it against us no doubt it’s going to be a tough game and I expect goals. 3-2 City come on the blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.