West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Have a soft spot for West Ham but I think Moyes is a shite manager. His negative shitty tactics cost them big time tonight. They need to get someone better than him.
Sorry Bill, I don't agree with this. I don't think Moyes is a top class manager, no way but he's a lot better than people think - because of United. He did superbly at Everton taking them to the CL spots and got offered a poisoned chalice of taking over United with Fergie lurking in every corner. NO ONE - not even Pep - would've taken that job, but he could hardly turn it down.

He took West Ham into Europe last year which no one expected and he's built a decent team. However, they've a paper-thin squad and once they go into these dreadful non-CL competitions it's a killer. I can't think of ANY team who'd been in the Europa (or whatever it's called) who have done well in it and done well in the league.

When you play City, it's an impossible position. If you had the cheek to try to play football against us, we will absolutely leather you. If you sit back, we will beat you.

Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leipzig, Spurs, Dortmund and Sevilla have had solid beatings from us this season and all of these sides are FAR better than West Ham. I'm not sure what Moyes is supposed to do to be fair, other than try to minimise the pounding?

Sometimes you just have to face facts, like Moyes did tonight, City are the best team on Earth right now and it's up to you whether you want to get beat by a respectable 3-0 or take a 6-0 thrashing :)

Difficult first half in which we were slow to move the ball forward and there were a lot of both under and over hit passes. At times there appeared to be little cohesion and no one seemed sure where their colleagues were.
The second half was much improved, there was more energy and drive forward. Great to have Ake back, fitting he got the first goal and I am pleased Haaland broke the record at home. 1000 goals under Pep, wow that's a fantastic achievement. I wonder how many of us have seen all of them?

The negative…that right hand side of Walker and Mahrez is fucking abysmal.

Literally a horror to watch. Walker just existed to give the ball to Mahrez, receive it back, only to return it behind. Mahrez the same (in the end of the game he tried to go forward for a change). No threat whatsoever.
Mahrez should really start trying to play 1 Vs 1 more and Walker well he can't do anything in offence in that setup.

Last edited:
The first half I expected given Kev and Gundog's bench duties, but a comfortable second half. We have enough goalscorers to find a way into the oppo net. And I'm claiming the assist for Foden's goal - I said in the first half that we need to ping a few into a crowded area with added venom, and wait for it hit a defender and go in the opposite direction to the goalie!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.