West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Does anyone have the clip of the foul on Stones in the second half and the one on Silva in the first. Looking at the dippers penalty is this more evidence that refs and VAR look at incidents differently. Where are all the 'there is no agenda against Man City' and 'VAR will help the game' apologists these days

I was more worried about last night's game than last weeks no idea why, so very happy to get the 3 very deserved points, but on a side note was Haaland's goal not offside was at the game so didn't see any reply I thought he looked off from where I was sat and replays this morning, obviously don't care if he was, but was surprised it wasn't checked.
Every single goal is checked by VAR. It was clearly on as you can see at about 2:27 on . So they would have checked it but the check would have been over pretty quickly

Is it just me?, was it lack of movement further up the field?. I thought Ruben was slow and ponderous on the ball, first half especially.
If the theory is that by sticking to the touchline Grealish and Mahrez create space in the middle, it wasn't working first half. They both seemed reluctant to come back to receive it, and West Ham seemed to block the channels through the middle, hence the "time stood still" moments.

Even so there were a couple of times when even from that stalemate a sudden movement created space and we were down their end.

As for the matchday thread panickers, they're behind me...

What's annoying me about our play at the moment is Dias. How many times last night, and the match before, did he stop moving and stand on the ball looking for a pass? That is what slows everything down. He doesn't have the ability to ping 70yard balls left and right or make a cutting through ball. So annoying...
A fantastic defender and a great leader though. So let's cut him a bit of slack!

As we have been so successful under Pep and the vast majority of our play is outstanding , many get carried away and think that we will get a flawless performance in every game. We have simply been spoilt by our playing style and results. We should remember that these are elite athletes who will get tired and sometimes try to battle through this and I am sure that some of them must be feeling pretty exhausted now, with Rodri springing to mind. Just wish some of our fans would appreciate the amount of effort these guys are putting in at the momen.

Moyes had West Ham well organised particularly in the first half and they made it difficult for us. We were much better in the second half and eventually wore them down. If the game had gone on a bit longer, I think we would have bagged a couple more.

Being honest, I felt that our right hand side was our weakest area. Mahrez and Walker were both poor.

Great for Big Erl to break the record and nice touch from the players and staff at the end to recognise this.

As I was at the game, I didn’t have to listen to those 2 idiots (Tyler and Neville) on Sky. Don’t know what they said and not really interested in listening to their pathetic, jealous comments.

On to Leeds on Saturday and looking forward to keeping the momentum going. No doubt Big Sam will be working on his new 9 -1 formation for the next couple of days.
The right hand side was interesting first half as we just didn’t target that area. Everything went through Grealish and Bernado and Alvarez was often over that side too. Must have been tactical that.

Obviously it didn’t work so well and I think Pep tweaked it at half time as Bernado spent much less time over there second half.

Just watched back the match having been at the game last night. A few points,
1. Two definite pens we should have had
2. Jonny Stones was amazing…..apart from that shot, but he saw the funny side
3. Izzy Christenson is an outstanding pundit.
4. Micah is living his best life watching his City, whilst trying to be impartial. Can’t stop smiling the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.