West Ham (H) Post Match Thread

As above. Let’s see what he’s like next season. Perhaps he’s trying too hard at the moment.

Give him time. To become a Pep player he'll need to close down opponents tenaciously, tackle, pass the ball quickly and be constantly on the move. At Leicester, he was in a team that played 'normal' football where he got the ball at the start of attacking moves. We don't play 'normal' football - playing for us is totally different.

i think the main difference is the training and work load and every little thing to detail and being in the right places both in defence and attack pep misses nothing, but the lad has something and can beat the man and open the space but looks scared sometimes in doing it maybe pep wants him to pass the ball than take the man on

on 3 or 4 times in the west ham game KDB made the pass but mahrez was not on the same wavelength also KDB was having a shocker too ??, mahrez has got 10 goals this season so he is not really having a nightmare season but pep knows his best 11 and you have to be playing out of this world to take the place of sane or sterling

Unfortunately I couldn't attend the game and on top of that my stream failed so 30 mins highlights is all I got.
We seemed to play some good stuff and on another day that would have been 3 or 4 nil comfortably. Stirling and Bernie demonstrated how far in front of Sane and Mahrez they are. I thought some of Kuns link play was excellent. Some nice De Bruynesque passes from De Bruyne. Hopefully he is slowly regaining his radar.
I followed the match on the match thread and have to say what I watched on the highlights was 1000 times better than what was being described. Some posters on there need to give their heads a serious wobble.

As above. Let’s see what he’s like next season. Perhaps he’s trying too hard at the moment.
I think it's the opposite - he's not trying hard enough. Sterling and Sane would run through a brick wall to chase a ball or make a challenge that he gives up on.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend the game and on top of that my stream failed so 30 mins highlights is all I got.
We seemed to play some good stuff and on another day that would have been 3 or 4 nil comfortably. Stirling and Bernie demonstrated how far in front of Sane and Mahrez they are. I thought some of Kuns link play was excellent. Some nice De Bruynesque passes from De Bruyne. Hopefully he is slowly regaining his radar.
I followed the match on the match thread and have to say what I watched on the highlights was 1000 times better than what was being described. Some posters on there need to give their heads a serious wobble.
Yes. Like you I could only watch the highlights on Sky, but from those I thought City played really well - apart from finishing. I think that maybe when you're watching the whole match, the tension gets to you a bit & every mistake becomes worse because it extends the uncertainty of the result. We did miss some great opportunities to score (which is even more frustrating live) but the stats from the game give you a better idea of City's dominance. I've been a bit worried that it's taking KDB a while to get going too, but again, from the highlights he looks to be getting back to form.

Pablo gave City his heart and soul - forcing the quickest wide players to go round the ring road or face an uncompromising but fair tackle, then getting to the other end of the pitch to deliver a quality cross, then back defending. The guy was perpetual motion. We've had some great full backs in my lifetime (I'm 58), but Pablo is head and shoulders the best I've seen in a City shirt. Willie Donachie was also world class for a sustained period.

He is what you would hope to be if you were a footballer yourself, a 100% effort man buying into the club as a whole, going to youth matches and such like, the man is an idol and I can't wait for him to return in some coaching capacity.

Yes. Like you I could only watch the highlights on Sky, but from those I thought City played really well - apart from finishing. I think that maybe when you're watching the whole match, the tension gets to you a bit & every mistake becomes worse because it extends the uncertainty of the result. We did miss some great opportunities to score (which is even more frustrating live) but the stats from the game give you a better idea of City's dominance. I've been a bit worried that it's taking KDB a while to get going too, but again, from the highlights he looks to be getting back to form.
Excellence has become the norm, so when you're at the game and the performance dips to 'very good' by any normal standard, some fans think we're playing badly. We should not take our players' consistent brilliance for granted. They are human.

Only just realised how many shots we had in this game. If we create as many chances against Bournemouth I think we'll win comfortably, we just didn't have our shooting boots on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.