West Ham (H) Post Match Thread

Very happy with that but definitely got away with one and WH unfortunate to not got something out of it.

Stats wise we had 10 shots with 3 on target and WH 9 shots with 3 on target.

This doesn't tell the full story - underlying xG according to Infogol (might be adjusted) was City 0.83- 2.03 West Ham. It ends a run of 34 games since Leeds away when we have "won" on xG.

On OPTA big chances we lost 1-4. Again, it's the first game we have lost on big chances since Leeds. In isolation this means sweet fa but it messes with my stats based ocd:

In the 1st 3 league games of the season we were wide open and conceded 10 Big Chances.

In the following 22 league games before today we conceded just 10 Big Chances. This is seriously insane and better than anything in 17/18 & 18/19.

So, to concede 4 Big Chances in 1 game today is disturbing for us nerds :)

You can scratch off one of the big chances West Ham had as Lingard was offside. It would have been disallowed had they scored.

Ultimately, we won as we took our chances. No other stat counts apart from goals.

19 league game wins in a row, we got 18 a few years ago until the draw with Crystal Palace , think the record in Europe is 19 by Munich.
Ah right. Yes Bayern at 19 is the highest from Europe’s top 5 leagues. Thought you were referring to the English record, held by us jointly with Liverpool. Apologies.

Well done to you lot today! After a tough midweek game to play early on the Saturday is a bit harsh, but it shows how much quality you have in your whole squad! Your bench was ridiculous!

I thought we (hammers) put in a good show and think we've come a long way from the usual 5 goals you put past us.

Thought the game was played in good spirit and was always competitive but your quality showed through! I'm just happy we stayed in the game!!

I think it's fair to say you lot will rightfully take the title this year, you are head and shoulders above the rest! .....and thank god the bin dippers won't be winning it again!!

As for us, I think top 4 is still a dream too far for now, but who knows for the future, Moyes has definitely changed things and made us alot harder to beat!! Top 8 is realistic for us and I think most hammers would be happy with that!!

Well done on the 20 games! That's just mental! Enjoy the rest of the season!

I’ve watched back the highlights and it showed Ferran miles off his man so maybe sleeping right enough.

Players get caught out, on the plus side he learned from his mistake in the second half!

It was a poor throw in that started it. Throwing it in to the middle of the pitch is dangerous and so it proved. Torres was asleep and it was a poor touch from Kun but I thought it stemmed from the throw in.

Probably worthy of it’s own thread this, but our strongest starting eleven is not clear to me. I’d agree with ten of your selection, the question is surely KDB has to be in there, but who misses out for him? Probably Mahrez? Although he’s been playing well recently and definitely makes a contribution when he plays on the right. Tough one.
Its not easy I admit how can anyone leave out KDB but its not picked on name only its picked on energy, high press, width & players who are 100% in form

Its not easy I admit how can anyone leave out KDB but its not picked on name only its picked on energy, high press, width & players who are 100% in form
I also believe Gundagun best form has come from being the main man in there & with Bernardo

Main reason we are 13 points clear as well as defensively

Gundo & Berny start ahead imo

Great win today, loved how pleased Dias was with his goal. You could tell he's been itching to get on the score sheet in recent weeks.

KDB and Fernandinho look a bit rusty in the first half and the passing from everyone was off the pace but all of that is completely understandable. Second half was better but I have to say I was really impressed with how well West Ham played, they were perhaps unlucky not to get a point with that chance at the end. That performance would have beat a lot of the big 6 IMO, I hope they can reach top 4. The trick is to try and get near that level in other games not just raise their game against City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.