West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo Silva maybe has an injury? so might not even be available to be rested....

Merlin & Sane on the left please. If Zabba plays, Sane will annihilate him if he does.

KDB needs to find some form so should play. Merlin also not at his best but his linkup

play with Sane is generally excellent so should be paired up. Because of injuries don't

really want too many other changes above the forced ones as could become disjointed.

I am so glad we are at home for this one, hopefully crowd will be noisy to welcome home

our cup winners & stay noisy, we need to keep our tempo up & convert any early chances
Nothing wrong with bernie

Looking forward to this. Hope it is a decent turn out as is an important one obviously.

Will be delighted with a routine 2-0 and some rotation of the squad.

Sane and Mahrez to play and Vinny and maybe Danilo. 30 mins for Foden.

We have to use the squad to its max.

it's the rotation that Pep has been implementing from season opening that will see us through. A long-term injury to Ferno has always been a concern, because we have no
like-for-like replacement, but as for the rest, for me they are at peak fitness physically, the game management is also better than ever, and our state-of-the-art medical set-up is another reason to believe we can cope with whatever comes our way. Knock-out comps are one-offs, a bit of bad luck and it's goodnight Vienna, and it's easy to blame fatigue, so most fans will, but as we all know "shit happens". If we lose to WH it would be a major shock, pretty sure their mind-set will be damage limitation rather than taking us on, 2 banks of 5 and set pieces, we can handle it no matter what team Pep picks.....

Really upset at Ferdy injury we just havent got like for like.and we cannot capitulate in his absence Whilst Mahrez is not positionally able to replace Ferny i think its about time we saw the quality speed and enthusiasm that Mahrez was meant to offer us To be fair he hasnt been given a consistent run.which all players need even KDB Is needing game time to show he is back to his best Wednesday is another tough ask.after the mentally and physicality of endeavouring to break Chelsea"s bus. Either way the strength in depth which is to be commended till now will be tested to its extreme

Eddie

Danilo
Vince
Nico
Benji

Gundo
Kev
Dave

Mahrez
Jesus
Sane

Bench: Muric, Delph, Bernie, Raz, Walker, Serg, Foden

It’s going to be interesting if Vinny is able to play in this one. The way he phrased his appearances at Schalke and yesterday I wouldn’t be too hopeful - think he said he didn’t train in between the two games. He’s a warrior though so you never know.

Sane, Gundog, Danilo and Mahrez could be big players in this one, all will have fresh legs. The rest of the team is going to be tougher for Pep, a lot of weary players right now. Going to be a really interesting selection, probably more chance of picking the Euromillions numbers than the actual starting 11!

Anyone got any injury updates? One thing that is different this season is the club is very quiet on injuries and so never know what the prognosis is. Looks like Dinho had a groin problem so that usually is a month out but didn't see Eric struggling before half time.

I was watching today’s training on the official website. My goodness Sergio is like a man possessed in training, superb commitment he’s really enjoying himself right now and on fire. I wonder if Sandler might be involved in the squad on Wednesday. Let’s get behind the lads and cheer them on to a win. The lads need us with all our injuries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.