West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield United made the correct decision. Manchester City made the wrong decision. Both clubs had access to the same met office data and City had an extra 2 and a half hours to make the call. Laughable , but not surprising.

And in that 2.5 hrs more damage was caused, more roads flooded and more trains disrupted. It might not have seemed the right decision to us but the club/police/whoever had probably more information. Including the fact that a lot of the Greater Manchester Police will have been diverted away from a simple football match to help people whose houses and roads were being flooded. For example parts of Bury and Ramsbottom being evacuated needed extra police assistance. Would you rather they were left to fend for themselves whilst we football fans (the ones that could make it to the stadium) were 'enjoying' a game of football?

Sorry but they don't take these decisions lightly and the pictures/videos I am seeing of conditions around the Greater Manchester and outlying areas plus conditions on the trains and the roads all over the country are enough to make me realise that life definitely does not revolve around football, much as I love it and would love to have been there this afternoon. Sorry just my humble opinion.

I've heard about some friends who are struggling to keep the floods from their door so maybe I am a bit over 'emotional'!!

You should be aware that the term is used as an insult by certain rival fans due to the fact that they think there is a stigma attached to living in a council house. Why else do you think they use it?

So in using it you are casually stigmatising anyone who has grown up in or lives in social housing.
I grew up in a council house and I'm not offended because there is no shame or stigma attached to it.

You obviously grew up in a nice cushy middle class environment given your tendency to get offended on behalf of everyone else

You should be aware that the term is used as an insult by certain rival fans due to the fact that they think there is a stigma attached to living in a council house. Why else do you think they use it?

So in using it you are casually stigmatising anyone who has grown up in or lives in social housing.

Christ

And I assume you get to the game via teleportation? Because you are assuming it’s easy to get there? There are no flights from Edinburgh, the trains are all cancelled and the roads are flooded.
If the pitch is fine and both teams can get there safely and play, the game should be played really. Even if that means 40,000 in attendance. If fans can’t get there, they can’t get there and must stay at home. But the game should be played really.

The City players now get to go into their winter break even earlier, with no tiredness or injuries from another game.

I hope they get on a flight somewhere warm tonight, and have an extra day or two in the sun.

The West Ham game can wait. We can even rotate when it comes round. Hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders come Leicester. This could all be for the best.
Plus a longer time for Sane, Laporte, and Raheem to fully recover from injury for the games that really matter at Wembley, Madrid, and Sheffield. A bit more relaxation for Pep will not do any harm either.

You still haven't shown me where I specifically said anything that would be seen as looking down on people in council housing. I made what was an obvious (to some, anyway) piss take on the council house jibe aimed at us. You seem to be the only one (so far) to have got upset about it. Anyway; I'm in danger of derailing this thread by getting into a tit for tat argument with you, which we try to discourage on here. So, I've reported the thread and will leave it to the other mods to deal with as they see fit, and I will refrain from posting until I've received some clarification as to who's at fault here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.