West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A competent jury would find in my favour although we might have trouble finding one;
That's a very strange comment. Anyone can prove themselves right if they can find 7 people that agree with them, but you're saying you would struggle to.

Anyway, relax, we're just having a bit of fun. It's just a game of football and you got the weather spot on.

The screenshot is a record of the Met Office's weather observations for Sunday afternoon. It's pretty conclusive.

Are you putting any weight in the suggestions made that travel would have been dangerous, and that fed into the decision made?
Why does there being a potential (as in predicted, not proven) break in the storm (aside from an apparent torrential downpour and thunderstorm ten minutes in) offset the risks involved in travelling?

Are you putting any weight in the suggestions made that travel would have been dangerous, and that fed into the decision made?
Why does there being a potential (as in predicted, not proven) break in the storm (aside from an apparent torrential downpour and thunderstorm ten minutes in) offset the risks involved in travelling?
The Met Office's records speak for themselves. In the afternoon the weather was as they recorded. Those are scientific records collated with their instruments.

It might not be what you want them to say, but it is nevertheless the evidence.

I have had enough of this now. I won this argument hands down.

That's not a forecast. Its an observational record.

I am being kind to you here.

one point to make, that you have not quite been open about, is that your screenshot is Rostherne Reservoir weather station observations (south of Altrincham). Whilst hardly a world away from the Etihad, weather can be very locally variable

The Met Office's records speak for themselves. In the afternoon the weather was as they recorded. Those are scientific records collated with their instruments.

It might not be what you want them to say, but it is nevertheless the evidence.

I have had enough of this now. I won this argument hands down.

No, you just ignored my question which is the counterpoint to weather at kickoff completely.
I doubt many are surprised that you did.

mX2BWIK.png

Weather observations for Manchester City on Sunday afternoon.

You can find as many gifs as you like but my evidence trumps the rest.

Case closed.

A competent jury would find in my favour although we might have trouble finding one;

I don't think anyone is saying that the weather at KO was bad enough to postpone the game. You might not be aware but a lot of fans and some staff travel considerable distances to attend a game and therefore the club and those responsible for the safety of the public decided that it was unwise to travel, consequently the game was postponed. You also choose to use only some of the information available for highlight the weather conditions, during high winds wind gust is most damaging and that predicted value, at KO time yesterday, IIRC was about 47mph. There was reports of flooding close to the stadium and server conditions on all the local motorways

It was the correct decision as far as the vast majority were concerned and I've seen very little criticism of it.

Beswick Weather from Met Office
Time

13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00

Wind gust (mph)

47 39 41 43 41

According to the National Weather Service, slight damage can begin when winds reach 45 mph, but this range is considered “non-severe”. These non-severe winds may cause some tree branches to break off and can cause damage to already loose or susceptible shingles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.