West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't, because there are no official observations available close to the stadium, so it fails to mention a significant thunderstorm that had more severe winds (around 55mph), hail, and quite a bit of lightning that occurred about 10-15 minutes after the kick off time. There is no "observational record" for the Etihad Stadium, as there are no official meteorological stations within 10 miles of it, but radar and lightning records are available, if you know where to look, and they confirm a pretty severe thunderstorm hit Manchester City centre not long after kick off time, as do eye witness reports on this thread, it must have been while you were in your bunker.

It is an observational record drawn from 'local' weather station(s). It doesn't capture the 'thunderstorm' because it was a localised event, small in terms of size and duration.

What the data shows is that from the point of view of 'Manchester', the storm front passed about an hour after City called the game off, and about 4 hours before kick off. In the afternoon, Manchester was experiencing isolated showers that typically follow weather fronts.

If you wish to discuss the topic, please do not try and demean other users who have a different opinion to you. That might entertain you, or some other people, but it doesn't progress the argument.

Do you agree that the Met Office observational data suggests that the storm front passed over the Etihad at around midday?

Last edited:
Are fans essential? Play the game in an empty stadium FFS!!!!!!!!! Saves us having to play Tuesday Thursday Saturday before a huge Champions League game in the future
Tongue in cheek comment I hope?

It's already been on the Premier League's agenda to play games abroad. The 39th game I think they called it.

You can argue all you want about what was the right decision, all I can say is that if it is rearranged to Tues 21st April or Wed. 22nd April I will be mightly pissed off. I was looking to go away for a few days and those dates were free. I haven't booked anywhere but I am now so disillusioned with football that the simple choice will be a rearranged match or fucking off with my dog. The dog wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.