West Ham post game....

But, Arsenal showing they are the stuff off Champions (yet if they lose today they are below us) and Spurs putting on the style ( yet below us) etc
My frustration is, like every one, I am struggling to remember when we last played really well. No consecutive wins in eons and no sign of change. We are rigid in our style and approach. Sideways, slow, slow, slower and slow. No established combinations of players in defence or midfield. No sense of our best formation and no consensus of our starting eleven. It feels the solutions are not emerging. We could still win four but do we look like contenders in any?
We gifted West Ham 2 goals. Came away with a point. We are rarely outplayed (Liverpool, Stoke?) but rarely outplay others. Every game is scrappy at best. Even the big wins (Newcastle). Tough decisions on Yaya and our attacking midfield combination need to be made and stuck with. I am almost discounting this season now.... Limbo land waiting for us to pep up in the summer. Changing of the guard and old lags moving on.

One league away win since September? Not won 2 league games in a row since October I believe? With our squad that is absolute dogshit!

What a great post. Usually on here if you say anything negative you are called a rag. But people are happy with a point at west ham now after all that investment. I suppose the point with villa was a good one if we in the league by a point.arent we sick of the old "that's typical city" routine now we have invested in the players can't we expect more, expect to win well and even dominate the league. Otherwise don't spend mega and bring young ones thru like Spurs and win by team effort and will to win. Like you said we are still in four comps but not looking threatening and could end up with nothing which would be criminal with this squad.

Having seen several of your posts, it's not hard to understand why

come on then why do you think pep sold him then...I never said it didn't benefit us!!!, What I meant is the high intensity game that pep plays does not fit Yaya's game style

Yaya was on 30k a week and if I remember not long left on his contract plus playing him out of position and he wasn't a regular so when city offered him 200k a week it turned his head.

I still think we look much better with navas and sterling in the team.all our best performances seem to be when they start.

No surprise that this thread is twice as long as the ones we have when we win. Seems people would rather moan than congratulate the team.
A tough away game where the hosts haven't been beaten in 5 months was never gonna be a piece of piss so why expect us to roll them over?
We came from behind twice and then tried to win the game which to me shows we have the desire and bottle required to get something out of games like yesterdays, and a bit more besides.
Three points off top spot and all still to play for seems far from the 'disaster' many of our less positive members are whining about.

As long as we don't lose ground on Arsenal it's not a terrible weekend
The likelihood is we will though.

The disappointment for me is that this performance was not a one-off disappointment or magnificent opponent display. It was mundanely predictable and unsurprising. The line up was predictably bad and the players performed with the same lack of intensity as we have become accustomed to seeing.

We keep making teams look and let them play better than they are and to me that points to some systemic problem.

If I had to pick just one thing it's that Aguero is isolated. He needs a partner and for me that is Nacho. The knock on effect of that is we simply cannot afford the immobile Yaya in a midfield two. In a midfield three, sure. But not in a 442 or any variant.

As for our defensive set up ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.