West Ham - post match thread

Looked like we had no energy left after a great 1st half. Stopped pressing high and allowed them more space down the wings. Win is a win but I get the feeling Pep might have words after the game as didnt look happy on the sideline in that 2nd half

Anyway.

Silva is top in assists since he arrived but I'd love to know how many times he has played the pass before the assist as well. Time and time again and his performances so much better than last year this far.
Silva's not the type of player to regularly dribble past 3 defenders and smash it in the top corner all on his own - he needs team-mates making the right runs for him. If they do, he's f**king deadly. Last year they didn't, this year (so far) they have.

And it's a good point about "assisting the assist". One of the innovations I like about Major League Soccer in the States is that they give up to two assists per goal. If they did that in the Prem, Silva would double his number of assists.

I hope when the players get used to the system they consume less energy.

Right now we run the risk of burning out.

Also there are other tricks to keep possession rather than running and passing. Barca players are all tricksters.

My predction is in the end we'll reach a compromise. We'll keep the ball when we want and defend when we choose to.

Looked like we had no energy left after a great 1st half. Stopped pressing high and allowed them more space down the wings. Win is a win but I get the feeling Pep might have words after the game as didnt look happy on the sideline in that 2nd half

No energy yet ran a combined 115km....6 more than West Ham, had 67% possession, just short of 600 passes and 22 shots.

Stop talking crap.

Seen the replay many times. Don't worry he won't be banned for that. Fuck all in it.
They've shown it loads, mariner was looking right at it, caught him with his hand and not elbow. Not a problem, Serg will be fine.
Totally agree. Ref saw it, he will say so in his match report. No problem. As you say, Serg will be fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.