West Ham - post match thread

First 45 mins we were awesome. So difficult to maintain that level for 90. I thought West Ham had 15 mins where they huffed and puffed a bit but were comprehensively outplayed. So that's Stoke result and West Ham result already bettered from last year the change in every outfield player is jaw dropping in terms of hunger, work rate, movement and fitness.

Mourinho texted the sky studio and made his thoughts clear, the commentator alluded to that. The rest is all about getting aguero banned for the derby. Media is desperate for a rag win

If you look closely, initially Reid has Aguero's arm which Aguero pulls free. At that moment the ball is played up to them and Reid comes over the top and Sergio protects himself with both arms and ducks. At the same time Reids own arm make a sharp movement behind Sergio. The arm movement by Reid gives the illusion, in some shots, that the arm movement of Aguero is much more pronounced than it is. Imagine someone is jumping on your back and you know it's coming - head comes forward and arms go out sideways horizontally - elbows up. Marriner is looking straight at it about 6yds away - he didn't give it a second look. No foul; no intent; no ban.

If you are going to elbow some one intentionally, you would clench your fist.

if you are going to try this, please look behind you first.

First half was mesmerising today. Bloke next to me turned to me at HT & said it was like watching Brazil and he wasn't wrong. Some of the linkup play on the edge of the box from Silva/Kun/KDB/Nolito was so intricate it was brilliant to watch. Stark contrast to last season.

Similar to last weekend at Stoke we started the second half fairly (probably being harsh here) slowly and paid the price by conceding, but for all their pressure in the spell after the goal - this coincided with Stones going off - West Ham didn't really threaten the goal much until we got our third and the three points were wrapped up.

Pep seems to have settled in very, very quickly and the players all apparently admire him just as much as we, the fans do. What a fucking brilliant season this is going to be!

I hate international breaks.

Just watched the incident on YouTube. I don't think he'll get a ban. There's a tangke of arms before it, and you could argue that Aguero is moving his arm forcefully as he's expecting Reid's arm to be there. No way will he be banned for that. It actually looks worse on the initial viewing as Reid's arm is swinging a little as well.

Anyway, no blue tinted specs from me, as if he'd thrown an elbow I would have called for a ban myself, but it isn't that bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.