West Ham - post match thread

How we were not 6 up at half time, I just don't know. Two great goals from Sterling and Fernandonho and many other chances that KDB, Aguero, Silva, Stones(?) and Nolito should have done better with. As much of a shock was that West Ham left back Halfa Brain was still on the pitch at half time - astounding actually- he took Stirling out 4 times and was only booked once!
2nd half a different story - the lack of match practice was evident and Billic changed things around to outnumber KDB and Silva in central midfield. We were still the better side but we weren't as sharp.also Caballero showed how poor he is as a sweeper keeper (poor). He them flapped at a cross and Otamendi failed to intercept it and all the good work was put in jeopardy. Stones clearly had a problem and was subbed for Kolarov and Fernando was brought on to shore up midfield and Nasri came on for a cameo replacing Aguero. West Ham pressed for an equaliser but left themselves open to the counter attack. We hit the post put the ball just past the post on a number of occasions till Sterling finished them off with a cheeky inch perfect winner.
MOTM Sterling (again) - clearly relishing life under Pep.

I don’t tend to post very often, but after witnessing what I saw today I felt compelled to jot down what I saw. For the first 25 mins I was constantly chuckling to myself (guy next to me must have thought I was proper weird), watching us attack, pass and move and snub out counters. It was like I was watching a conductor lead an orchestra. The players were in tune with each other, they knew where to be and what they had to do. Not only that, they knew their roles and also they knew their colleagues roles as well. The pressing was coordinated, the attacking was spontaneous, I felt as though my eyes had been opened to a new way of playing. A new way, which leaves the dinosaurs in the premiership, light years behind. The rhetoric from the pundits is that “it’s tougher in the premier league”, we won’t cope with the pace and physicality. BS. When you’ve got the brains and anticipation you don’t need these physical traits, they become almost redundant. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will win everything with Pep in charge.

If you look closely, initially Reid has Aguero's arm which Aguero pulls free. At that moment the ball is played up to them and Reid comes over the top and Sergio protects himself with both arms and ducks. At the same time Reids own arm make a sharp movement behind Sergio. The arm movement by Reid gives the illusion, in some shots, that the arm movement of Aguero is much more pronounced than it is. Imagine someone is jumping on your back and you know it's coming - head comes forward and arms go out sideways horizontally - elbows up. Marriner is looking straight at it about 6yds away - he didn't give it a second look. No foul; no intent; no ban.

OK , we're not yet doing it for 90 minutes but the signs are really encouraging. Silva is the best midfielder in the PL. He and Sterling must be giving Pep a hard-on.

Not a Nasri fan but he looked slim, has kept his counsel over the last few weeks and it would be great if he can really knuckle down. Never a capability or playing style issue with him; purely whether he wants it enough.

Shame about Kun but we'll just have to shaft the rags without him. Fcukin stupid though.

I missed the first game at home so today was my first game in the flesh. Bloody hell I never knew what was happening first half withthe speed and movement and players switching positions. Lord only knows what West Ham thought. Really good. So much space for the players. The system is so fluid. Players look up for it and feel confident enough to make runs and know a player will cover for them.

I think we ran 5 k more than West Ham. Last season we would not even have run.

Lovely stuff. Keep it up.

Same for me lad as he was away with scouts 1st game

" Imagine what we will look like when we actually get used to the system " he said ..... Food for thought ....

If you look closely, initially Reid has Aguero's arm which Aguero pulls free. At that moment the ball is played up to them and Reid comes over the top and Sergio protects himself with both arms and ducks. At the same time Reids own arm make a sharp movement behind Sergio. The arm movement by Reid gives the illusion, in some shots, that the arm movement of Aguero is much more pronounced than it is. Imagine someone is jumping on your back and you know it's coming - head comes forward and arms go out sideways horizontally - elbows up. Marriner is looking straight at it about 6yds away - he didn't give it a second look. No foul; no intent; no ban.

Haha. Good try.

If Marriner reports that he saw the incident, and he'll be hard pressed not to as he was 6 yards away with a clear view, then the authorities will be able to do fuck all, despite the rag agenda.

I don’t tend to post very often, but after witnessing what I saw today I felt compelled to jot down what I saw. For the first 25 mins I was constantly chuckling to myself (guy next to me must have thought I was proper weird), watching us attack, pass and move and snub out counters. It was like I was watching a conductor lead an orchestra. The players were in tune with each other, they knew where to be and what they had to do. Not only that, they knew their roles and also they knew their colleagues roles as well. The pressing was coordinated, the attacking was spontaneous, I felt as though my eyes had been opened to a new way of playing. A new way, which leaves the dinosaurs in the premiership, light years behind. The rhetoric from the pundits is that “it’s tougher in the premier league”, we won’t cope with the pace and physicality. BS. When you’ve got the brains and anticipation you don’t need these physical traits, they become almost redundant. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will win everything with Pep in charge.

You should post more...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.