West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippaxking79 said:
onceabluealways said:
Obviousely a little nervous but lets have some perspective here - we have lost 2 games in the league at home in the last three seasons, once against Chavs were we had to change the team at the last minute and against sunderland last season - can't think on any others.

West Ham are a poor team with nothing to play for, other than spurs last week ( 10 men, and still had plenty of chances) they have conceded in 14 prem games, and shipped 9 against us at ours. If we score 1 its very unlikely with their 10 minutes possesion they will score 2.

I expected it against QPR and that game is probably all that is making people nervous, and i expect a comfortable win on sunday.

If it was the other way round and Liverpool were at home to WH would anyone really expect them to blow it?
Don't remember Sunderland beating us at home last season??
We have lost 3 at home in the league in past 2 seasons. Man United, Norwich and Chelsea.

Ok - My memory isn't very good but you get the point - even better, season was over when we played Norwich - except for this season the Rags are no WHU and chavs will always be tough under Mourinho

onceabluealways said:
Obviousely a little nervous but lets have some perspective here - we have lost 2 games in the league at home in the last three seasons, once against Chavs were we had to change the team at the last minute and against sunderland last season - can't think on any others.

West Ham are a poor team with nothing to play for, other than spurs last week ( 10 men, and still had plenty of chances) they have conceded in 14 prem games, and shipped 9 against us at ours. If we score 1 its very unlikely with their 10 minutes possesion they will score 2.

I expected it against QPR and that game is probably all that is making people nervous, and i expect a comfortable win on sunday.

If it was the other way round and Liverpool were at home to WH would anyone really expect them to blow it?

It was the rags who took the points last season & Sunderland 1 point the season before.

Against WHU - it depends on how dirty they play and how they break up the play. This tactic will get the players frustrated and probably lead to more free kicks in dangerous areas for Carroll.....you know the script.
Villa played a clean game apart from the challenge on Silva so ultimately patience played out for us with the eventual 1st goal.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
If he's fit, a player like Navas would be perfect for this game, pace out wide to stretch the opposition.
IMO he needs space to run into and there wont be any with west hams bus parked up.

Mrmcfc said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
If he's fit, a player like Navas would be perfect for this game, pace out wide to stretch the opposition.
IMO he needs space to run into and there wont be any with west hams bus parked up.

Agreed. Same team, same tactics as the Villa game would be my choice.

Although there is a part of me that's hoping West Ham don't park the bus, their season is over and there has been mounting pressure on fat Sam to play decent football. This would be a good opportunity for him to try that... but I'm not holding my breath.

'The West Ham parked bus myth'

Basically as far as I can remember they have been successful in parking this bus once, against Chelsea where they drew 0-0

This was against a Chelsea team that have struggled all season against anyone who 'parks the bus'

It's not a Jose 'parked bus' full of quality defenders and midfielders, its more like a minibus full of bang average footballers who we smashed 12 past already this season

We really do talk teams up at times, all of a sudden Andy Carroll has turned into Ibrahimovic, and Kevin Nolan have morphed into Iniesta and Robben

Fear not fellow BM'ers, we got this

toffee balls said:
totallywired said:
Play our normal game, Ferny for Garcia and Clichy for kolorov

Clichy for Kolarov , Why.
I like the idea of extra pace at the back, plus he will be fresher than Kolorov. If Downing takes him on, he won`t out pace him. If we get caught with everybody up their end, he can catch the fuckers. He works tirelessly up ans down the wing all the match, downing will soon get fed up od chasing him back, he will then try his luck on the other flank and be met by Milner and Zabba, he will then give up and we will be 2-0 up by then.

West Ham have a fully fit squad and want to spoil a potential party.

This is how they lined up last week against Spurs last week

Adrian
Demel, Tomkins, Reid, McCartney
Noble, Taylor.
Downing, Nolan, Diame
Carroll

I'd expect they would go very similar against us. It is a side not lacking in height or physicality and will be very dangerous from set pieces. We mustn't give away stupid free kicks. Make no mistake, this is a much better team to the one we beat 6-0 but at that point they had something to play for. Hopefully they're on the beach already but i doubt it

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, SHOOT!! 1-0 pASS PASS PASS PASS pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass , CROSS TAP IN!! 2-0!! ETC, cOME ON CITY!!

Kun Aguero said:
I want 4 or more goals!
In order of importance:
1st: Don't Lose
2nd: Win
3rd:Score at least the same amount as Giddypool so that we finish top scorers
4th: 4 or more goals to set another record this season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.