West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Same team that started tonight starts imo.

If Aguero is sort of fit sling him on the bench.

The match will be a carbon copy of tonight except WHU will play the long ball onto Carrols head.

I expect 10 men behind the ball again just like they did at Chelsea a few weeks ago. The safety net is we can draw this game, but 4-0 will be a lot better on the nerves.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ferna in for Milner, but if we make no changes I'm fine as well

Fully expect to give up an early goal. Is there any other way this team can do it?

But even that I could live with more than a close draw...

Playing with the mind set that we can always fall back on a draw is a deadly one. I remember standing on the Kippax in 1983 when we 'just needed a draw' and ended up losing 1- 0 to Luton Town and getting relegated! We missed bags of chances and weren't really bothered believing the final whistle would save us. We have to get ahead in the game and simply cannot allow it to go down to the wire at 0-0.

B\connellblue said:
jamesha said:
We should go for it - same team as tonight but maybe swap Sergio for Silva if David is struggling for fitness.

Want at least 4 goals to beat Chavski's record.

No way. Whether Kun is fit or not Merlin plays. He's the one who can pick the lock in a tight game.

Spot on - what a ridiculous thing to say opting to leave out Silva as long as the bloke can walk!!

jrb said:
I think we all need to take a deep breath and step back.

West Ham won't be easy. They have a decent team, and have two capable strikers, especially a set pieces and corners.

It won't be as easy as many are suspecting on here.

And I can assure you that big fat Sam would love to pull one over on City,

Hopefully they won't park the bus like Villa, will come and make a game of it, and by doing so, will leave spaces at the back and in midfield for us to exploit.

This was their team against Spurs..

West Ham United
13 Adrián
20 Demel
03 McCartney
14 Taylor
05 Tomkins
02 Reid
23 Downing
16 Noble
09 Carroll (Cole - 84' )
04 Nolan (Jarvis - 88' )
21 Diamé

Give it a rest. We'll beat this lot again. We've already put 12 past them this season.

jrb said:
I
Hopefully they won't park the bus like Villa, will come and make a game of it, and by doing so, will leave spaces at the back and in midfield for us to exploit.

Might be more difficult than some are expecting. This is the game I have been the most worried about out of our last few.

I don't think they will park the bus. Last game of the season, nothing to lose and needing a win to potentially stop us being champions. West Ham's main threats going forwards are Liverpool fan Nolan along with ex-players Carroll and Downing who will probably all want to win it for them. They're not a bad side too when all their players are fit.

I think we'll do it but I expect to gain many more grey hairs in the process.

EaglesFan said:
Using Mancini's tactics - I say BENCH Dzeko on top of his goalscoring form...cause that's how "eeeeez" done :-)

Put Lescott up front on his own. We got this!

(when I think of that, I cringe)

His tactics won us a league title though. Let's hope Pellegrini's can too.

PhuketBlue said:
jrb said:
I

Might be more difficult than some are expecting. This is the game I have been the most worried about out of our last few.

I don't think they will park the bus. Last game of the season, nothing to lose and needing a win to potentially stop us being champions. West Ham's main threats going forwards are Liverpool fan Nolan along with ex-players Carroll and Downing who will probably all want to win it for them. They'e not a bad side too when all their players are fit.

What makes you think downing and Carroll will be in the least bit arsed about doing it for Liverpool? Yes we should keep a close eye on them because they're good players, but I doubt their main incentive in the match will be to do it for Liverpool

mancityscot said:
PhuketBlue said:
jrb said:
I

I don't think they will park the bus. Last game of the season, nothing to lose and needing a win to potentially stop us being champions. West Ham's main threats going forwards are Liverpool fan Nolan along with ex-players Carroll and Downing who will probably all want to win it for them. They'e not a bad side too when all their players are fit.

What makes you think downing and Carroll will be in the least bit arsed about doing it for Liverpool? Yes we should keep a close eye on them because they're good players, but I doubt their main incentive in the match will be to do it for Liverpool

I'm assuming they may have some sort of affection for their last club (which may be a wrong assumption of course). I have a feeling West Ham won't be here for an end of season stroll and will give us a tough match. Hopefully I'll be wrong about that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.