West Ham Thread 14/15

sam-caddick

With fans unhappy over the football last season and rumours that the board have taken over the transfer business (did that get confirmed at the end of last season), I am very interested to see how West Ham get on next season.

They have apparently bid £12million for Yehven Konoplyanka today and have been linked with Mathieu Valbuena in the last week, a player who impressed at the World Cup and is rumoured to have played his last game with Marseille.

If they can get those two in then that would be impressive.

Considering they have already signed Mauro Zarate, Cheikhou Kouyaté, Aaron Cresswell and Diego Poyet, I think they could have the makings of a decent team.

Mauro Zarate interests me, they signed him from Velez Sarsfield in Argentina and is coming off a very good goal record there, he is more experienced this time around coming into England so let's see what he can do.

Ravel Morrison is another, he needs to impress now after seeing the likes of Barkley, Sterling and Shaw all getting high praise and making the senior England team, if gets his head down I believe he can be better than all of them but we will see.

You get the feeling the players they are signing are board signings as some of them you wouldn't really think of Sam Allardyce going for, Valbuena for example is the last player you would think Allardyce would go for with him being 5 ft 6 in.

Mid-table with Fat Sam in charge. If they fuck around and start demanding 8th+ they'll flirt with relegation. What other alternatives are out there to guarantee their consolidation in the Premier League?

I do think Konoplyanka is a quality player but like he says with fat sam in charge,you will always amount to nothing.

Big Sam has got us promoted, finished 10th and then with a injury ravaged squad 13th... he has worked wonders at this club along with the owners who saved us from administration and are currently funding the recent signings that are looking good. fuck the negative haters who support our club. we do not have a billionaire owner like most clubs so steady progression is the only way forward, unfortunately some fans have no patience for that, they just want sack and change deluding there selves that we once played like Barcelona and won trophy's.

Markt85 said:
Big Sam has got us promoted, finished 10th and then with a injury ravaged squad 13th... he has worked wonders at this club along with the owners who saved us from administration and are currently funding the recent signings that are looking good. fuck the negative haters who support our club. we do not have a billionaire owner like most clubs so steady progression is the only way forward, unfortunately some fans have no patience for that, they just want sack and change deluding there selves that we once played like Barcelona and won trophy's.

Who else is being linked with West Ham this summer mate?

I don't know how well Poyet will control the midfield but a dominating central midfielder and your defence would be priorty for me.

If you can get Konoplyanka and Valbuena on each wing that would be an immense improvement on what you have at the moment.

I have big hopes for Morrison next season as well, if he can get his head down.

sam-caddick said:
Markt85 said:

Who else is being linked with West Ham this summer mate?

I don't know how well Poyet will control the midfield but a dominating central midfielder and your defence would be priorty for me.

If you can get Konoplyanka and Valbuena on each wing that would be an immense improvement on what you have at the moment.

I have big hopes for Morrison next season as well, if he can get his head down.

Valbuena wont happen

Our team at the moment 4-2-3-1

Adrian

Demel
Tomkins
Reid
Cresswell

Noble/Diame
Kayoute

Zarate
Nolan
Downing/Jarvis/

Carrol

Konoplyanka im not sure will happen

but thats a strong team with Ravel Morrison and Poyet to come in

Markt85 said:
I dislike Fat Sam intensely as a manager, and didn't think West Ham would be better off with him. But to be fair to him, despite his desperate whinging at times and horrid football, he has been what West Ham needed more than anything. If he consolidates you at mid-table again and improves the squad steadily, then I think West Ham may look at progressing themselves through some form of managerial changes (if the ambition is there, not quite sure how it would happen though - I'm not saying sack him). It depends what the board want, as we know what Sam can deliver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.