West Ham Thread 14/15

I'm shattered !

So proud of the hammers. Carlton Cole is a absoulute hero - the amount of times he's dug us out when called upon. Collins was outstanding. Harsh on Everton who gave absoulutely everything but f*ck me it's nice to get one over on them. They are our hoodoo club.

Brilliant days to be a hammer.

The only downside was the morons around me booing Nolan. Wish they would f*ck off out the club.

Up the hammers!!!

BlueHammer85 said:
I'm shattered !

So proud of the hammers. Carlton Cole is a absoulute hero - the amount of times he's dug us out when called upon. Collins was outstanding. Harsh on Everton who gave absoulutely everything but f*ck me it's nice to get one over on them. They are our hoodoo club.

Brilliant days to be a hammer.

The only downside was the morons around me booing Nolan. Wish they would f*ck off out the club.

Up the hammers!!!
Evertons keeper was a gobby tw@t in the shoot out, glad he missed.

More shocking refereeing, but a very good extra time, end to end, what the FA Cup should be.

stonerblue said:
jimharri said:
stonerblue said:
thought tomkins took one?
Not according to the Paddy Power Twitter feed. Update with every penalty, and there's no mention of Tomkins.

I sat and watched it all and i'd have put money on it .....!

Definitely didn't. They asked Sam Allardyce afterwards why he didn't, and he just said that he didn't fancy it.

I listened on Radio5 live. Great commentary and so exciting. I felt like a kid again and expected Geoff Hurst to pop up and score any minute.

Well done CC!

chaddblue said:
johnny on the spot said:
chaddblue said:
No, cos Everton had 10 men, the 10th taker had to be each keeper

Ah right, just going off the 5Live commentary.

Maybe not. Fat Sam just said Tomkins didn't fancy taking one. So if it had gone to an 11th pen, it would have been Everton best penalty taker and West Hams worst? That doesn't seem right!?

I agree - something seriously wrong with the rules - If you were take it to ultimate degree and were smart and had players who were crap at pens it is actually best to get sent off before pens take place.

I think that if it was still all level after each side had 10 kicks then in this case everton should have forfeited the 11th kick and if west ham missed it then goes back round to penalty taker number 1 etc..... and if west ham scored with the 11th kick that's tough on everton and added punishement for being down to 10 men anyway.

_80250205_mmftbfacwhuevepenaltywin.png

Tony Adcock said:
chaddblue said:
johnny on the spot said:
Ah right, just going off the 5Live commentary.

Maybe not. Fat Sam just said Tomkins didn't fancy taking one. So if it had gone to an 11th pen, it would have been Everton best penalty taker and West Hams worst? That doesn't seem right!?[/quote]

I agree - something seriously wrong with the rules - If you were take it to ultimate degree and were smart and had players who were crap at pens it is actually best to get sent off before pens take place.

I think that if it was still all level after each side had 10 kicks then in this case everton should have forfeited the 11th kick and if west ham missed it then goes back round to penalty taker number 1 etc..... and if west ham scored with the 11th kick that's tough on everton and added punishement for being down to 10 men anyway.

That's not right. Because WH had 11 players and E 1, by the rules WH had to deselect a player who couldn't be involved at any stage of the shootout. So, in effect, both teams were using 10 penalty takers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.