West Ham Thread 2013/14

Sam Allardyce has confirmed West Ham United's interest in bringing Salomon Kalou back to the Premier League from Lille.

Kalou spent six years at Chelsea before making the move last summer to France, where he enjoyed a productive debut campaign.

The 27-year-old has previously admitted that he misses Premier League football and has been linked with a number of English clubs, including West Bromwich Albion.

West Ham are also keeping tabs on Kalou and Allardyce believes it would be a good deal for the club, but he is not sure whether it will happen.

"As far as I know, back at West Ham, I think the chairman is speaking with the player's agent," Allardyce told Sky Sports News.

"We understand the player wants to come back and play in England, whether that is with us or with whoever, we are having a look at it.

"Obviously from his record at Chelsea, and his goalscoring record this season in France, and his age, he is very appealing to us.

"But whether that will come off or not in terms or what regular position he wants to play, may be the stumbling block."

SSN

Markt85 said:
peoffrey said:
I live 20 minutes walk away from Upton Park so I know a fair bit about West Ham. There's still that unsavoury element in their support and they've been the victims of some chronic mismanagement from Chairmen and Managers alike but I think it's better now than its been for many seasons.

They'll finish Top 10 if they continue to improve their squad and Andy Carroll actually lasts a season without getting injured.

Would be delighted with another top 10 finish , as you say Carroll is our main player, we desperately need to sign another striker

The top 6 is obvious and then I'd look at Everton, Swansea and even Southampton as outside contenders for a strong finish. Then you have Norwich etc. It should be a good season throughout.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Sam Allardyce has confirmed West Ham United's interest in bringing Salomon Kalou back to the Premier League from Lille.

Kalou spent six years at Chelsea before making the move last summer to France, where he enjoyed a productive debut campaign.

The 27-year-old has previously admitted that he misses Premier League football and has been linked with a number of English clubs, including West Bromwich Albion.

West Ham are also keeping tabs on Kalou and Allardyce believes it would be a good deal for the club, but he is not sure whether it will happen.

"As far as I know, back at West Ham, I think the chairman is speaking with the player's agent," Allardyce told Sky Sports News.

"We understand the player wants to come back and play in England, whether that is with us or with whoever, we are having a look at it.

"Obviously from his record at Chelsea, and his goalscoring record this season in France, and his age, he is very appealing to us.

"But whether that will come off or not in terms or what regular position he wants to play, may be the stumbling block."

SSN

Seems were closing in on him... What is he like ? I presume he would fit in attacking right wing for us

I don't remember him being particularly fast, but he's skillful and can play as a striker.

Although SSN's Morning Paper Talk today said he was set to 'snub' you ;)

Now you know how it feels!

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I don't remember him being particularly fast, but he's skillful and can play as a striker.

Although SSN's Morning Paper Talk today said he was set to 'snub' you ;)

Now you know how it feels!

The little shit. Never wanted him anyway ! ;)

great club west ham - remember going there when colin hendry scored the winner last minute

big big club in my opinion and will be huge in 10 years with new stadium.

I think West Ham will do reasonably well in 2013-14.

I would expect them to be around 7th to 9th place come May.

THFC6061 said:

They'll give your boys a game :)

mat said:
THFC6061 said:

If they didnt have Bale against us, we would comfortably have beaten them at home this season - come on Madrid, get the chimp

Markt85 said:
mat said:
THFC6061 said:

If they didnt have Bale against us, we would comfortably have beaten them at home this season - come on Madrid, get the chimp

Yes.

And if the Queen had balls, she'd be the King.

Spurs have won 10 and drawn 2 of the last 13 matches against West Ham.

They can't possibly all have been down to Gareth Bale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.