West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I am going to quote my halftime post from the match thread for some perspective and say the lads did exactly what I expected. That was a very challenging return from the international break, with more adversity after going down the goal, and they rose to the occasion with a champion’s mindset.

Special mention to Rodri, arguably the best all around player in the world, Doku for making amends for his contribution to the Hammers goal with a brilliant goal right from the second half kickoff to completely shift momentum back to us, and Eddie for being an absolutely world class keeper (despite some idiots constantly saying otherwise).

Oh, and well done Viking Smash for personifying the well-known saying “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try, try, and try again”.

If we are honest, this thread would have a completely different mood if Haaland had done what he almost always does and put away those two clear chances. Not much Pep can do in game to counter the world’s most prolific striker missing sitter after sitter.

We haven’t been nearly as bad as many are making out, and have created plenty of chances, we just haven’t capitalised and we lost a ball in midfield and defended the resulting counter poorly.

It is a game of moments, and that one has unfortunately been the deciding factor thus far.

I am confident Pep will make adjustments and motivate the team to be more dynamic and less wasteful in front of goal.

And you know Haaland will have already lit a fire under his own arse after those two misses.

It was always going to be a slog coming back from the break, away from home, against a side with 11 men in the box and no ambition apart from winning the odd corner and waiting for us to make a mistake.

If we don’t come back in the second half, then we can unleash recriminations.

In Pep and the players we trust.

One of the most difficult games of the season. We were not clinical at all and still scored 3. Really like the looks of Doku, will give us something new. Well done lads!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.