West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I am in north london all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to gett the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.
so were arsenal in on the conspiracy too.
dirty cockney bastards

Well was only able to watch the first half live yesterday.
Re. the second half. Honestly, yes West Ham were substantially better (they could hardly have been worse, or stayed the same, because we utterly and completely dominated them for forty-five minutes. But for an absolutely shit own goal, when nothing was threatening, some wayward shooting and an astounding save from that Kev curling shot, we should have gone in three or four-nil up).
But hand on heart, I don't think it could be said that WHU were the better team, even in the second half. We had a really hairy moment with that break (Kev committed himself like a loon, and knew what he'd done, watch his reaction to himself) and the shot against the post where Ed was beaten hands down. Otherwise, yes, they had their moments, a shot that went way wide of Ed's left hand post, and a curling shot that Ed did well to tip onto the post and out, right at the death. But we too had moments when we carved them open and could have made the scoreline worse. 3-1 was the correct result.
Big, big statement win, though. West Ham are a decent team now, and they'll do things this season. Kudus looked a real handful, so did Bowen, I thought. Both had an excellent game.
One other thing, though. Kova is looking not simply like an acceptable deputy for Rod while he's taking a rest. To me, he looked completely authoritative. He looked, in fact, like a rival for Rod's position! I certainly wouldn't want to drop him when Rod comes back in. I don't see how Pep could do it. But then, who do you leave out? Problems, problems.

Until their property bubble bursts and and they have been crippled by the low birth rate. ;)

I know you're half joking, but you can be absolutely sure they're planning for that as well. Both eventualities. The Chinese plan long term. It's what they do. They have a pithy saying about the United States of America: “Good country. Short history.”

I know you're half joking, but you can be absolutely sure they're planning for that as well. Both eventualities. The Chinese plan long term. It's what they do. They have a pithy saying about the United States of America: “Good country. Short history.”

Japan the same. However, the property bubble bursting and ageing population caused substantial harm to their economy.

Kevin and Jack had great efforts.....keep it up lads.
Delighted with another Erl hat trick.
Eds made a great save to foil Kudos shot in a great counter attack.

Great play from the whole team, especially in the build up to Erling 2nd.delightful blues
.....just hate these international breaks...ruining momentum.

ecstatic with our start to the season. We look hungry and up for another successful season.

And how effing nice was that kit!! a work of art.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.