West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Ask them to define which dodgy funds. They’d probably struggle. If they can come up with a lucid response there have been no rule breaches proven yet. Rules that didn’t exist when the invincible were about. So if you think about it really hard so your head hurts, City’s achievements are much more impressive as we’ve operated in an environment of unprecedented financial scrutiny.
Thats why a sarcastic "ohh right" gets their backs up especially in the vicinity of Orient, Spuds, Spammers fans who piss themselves when a tarquin hyperventilates

Rodri, Foden and Gundogan. The former two are firm starters and two of the best players in the league, Gundo is a wonderful player and a leader to boot.

Walker, Stones and Ake will be starters in some periods and on the bench in other periods. Fantastic options to have but not necessarily better than Rico, Akanji/Dias and Gvardiol. Pep will rotate them more than Rodri and Foden who are expected to be fundamental again.
Need everyonebwith the 30% increase in chumps league games..what a joke..bring back a straight knockout..what fun thatvwould be..football does loveva self inflicted fk up

thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come.
That is 22-carat bollocks from Arse fans, if that's what they're saying (and I suppose some are). All pretty good players, but none of them were key in any of our trophies. None of them hold a candle to the spine of Hart (when he was in his pomp), Kompany, Silva/Touré and Sergio.

No, the foundations were laid, quietly and with no fuss whatsoever, by the arrival of of Txiki and Ferran. That was genius, and it was long-term planning by our ownership.
This is the best-run club in the world, probably. What I've noticed is that there is parallel planning going on, and there has been since the takeover. What I mean by that is planning at two speeds, even three — one short-term, aiming at success in the coming season, maybe the coming two seasons, ideally a trophy but no disaster if there isn't; and then medium-term planning, for the next five to ten years (the development of the academy being a prime example, and it's paying off handsomely right now).
And maybe long term planning too, really, at an even more stately pace — the development of the South Stand and now the North Stand would be examples of that. So would the development of City Football Group worldwide.
At geopolical level, the Chinese do this, believe me. It is what is going to make them the superpower of the mid to late 21st century.

Aside from Nasri, Wenger was happy to offload Adebayor, Touré & Clichy to City, as they were surplus to requirements & Adebayor was considered more grief than he was worth.

The Gooners were more than happy to take our money & unload their b-list players onto us, so they can't say fuck all. It's not like there was a series of mega heists, & out of the Blue, City appeared with Bi££ions burning a hole in our pocket.

We didn't Rob a bank. We won the lottery & landed the best Football Club owner probably in the history of the game.

Like Everton with Lescott & Rodwell, Villa with Barry & Milner, & Sunderland with Johnson etc, all these clubs happily allowed us to take their players for top dollar thinking they by far had the better end of the bargain, but little did they realise the effect our squad building with England B footballers would have on English & European football.

Fuck the lot of them, & they can shove their FFP/PSR bollocks up their arses too!
Johnson from Boro

Honestly, I always err on the side of caution but there's something different about our temperament & mindset this season.
I do wonder if this season just feels more settled to the players. Last season we had big outgoings plus a significant number of new players to bed in. Plus trying to figure out what to do with Kalvin and KDBs early injury. This year everyone has that much more experience with one another and can just get down to business.

I do wonder if this season just feels more settled to the players. Last season we had big outgoings plus a significant number of new players to bed in. Plus trying to figure out what to do with Kalvin and KDBs early injury. This year everyone has that much more experience with one another and can just get down to business.
Probably much of the above too, but something seems assured about City from top to bottom right now.

Everyone seems happy & settled, & out to prove themselves personally, but to the ultimate benefit of the team.

There's an aura of calm around Guardiola & a sense of concentrated professional urgency throughout the team. Fuck knows what it is, but I'm loving it!

That is 22-carat bollocks from Arse fans, if that's what they're saying (and I suppose some are). All pretty good players, but none of them were key in any of our trophies. None of them hold a candle to the spine of Hart (when he was in his pomp), Kompany, Silva/Touré and Sergio.

No, the foundations were laid, quietly and with no fuss whatsoever, by the arrival of of Txiki and Ferran. That was genius, and it was long-term planning by our ownership.
This is the best-run club in the world, probably. What I've noticed is that there is parallel planning going on, and there has been since the takeover. What I mean by that is planning at two speeds, even three — one short-term, aiming at success in the coming season, maybe the coming two seasons, ideally a trophy but no disaster if there isn't; and then medium-term planning, for the next five to ten years (the development of the academy being a prime example, and it's paying off handsomely right now).
And maybe long term planning too, really, at an even more stately pace — the development of the South Stand and now the North Stand would be examples of that. So would the development of City Football Group worldwide.
At geopolical level, the Chinese do this, believe me. It is what is going to make them the superpower of the mid to late 21st century.

Until their property bubble bursts and and they have been crippled by the low birth rate. ;)

It appears you are right with City. The old SKY top 4 have long been too arrogant to think they needed a strategic approach.

I am in north london all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to gett the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.
Dodgy? Arsenal fans calling out other clubs for being dodgy?
Ask them how they got promoted in 1919 ahead of Spurs and Barnsley having only finished 6th in the old second division in 2014/15.
Bent as a nine bob note.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.