West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Only three games in though. Let’s not get too giddy.
We are giving up chances that the likes of Lv or Arsenal would most likely punish.

But it’s great to watch. Seeing the likes of Lewis, Doku, and some other kids off the bench shining and Kovacic too. Its a pity about the injuries to the likes of Bobb and Savinho as they were grasping their chance in the team too.

Sharpest start to a season for us that I’ve seen for a long time.
Honestly, I always err on the side of caution but there's something different about our temperament & mindset this season.

Our players are usually always up to fight for honours, but this season it seems most of the team know they'll be fighting for game time, hence the attitude change from fighting for honours, to fighting to play.

It's not like we've done a Chelsea & bought a new 24-man squad. We've lost some & added three for £35m, with one of those earmarked for the EDS.

I've no idea how this season will pan out, & I never make predictions, but I sense a major evolution happening at City, & judging by the grin on Guardiola's face, the determination being shown by KDB, Bernardo, Haaland & Grealish, & the emergence of Lewis, Doku, Bobb, Savinho, with Echeverri due in January, I think they all sense it too.

Personally, I can't help but stand back & think "Fuckin WOW!"

I am in north london all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to gett the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.
They didn’t complain that they received premium value for those players, they are full of shit

I am in north london all i hear is..we got Nasri..Clichy..Adebayour. off them (bloody Arsenal) through dodgy funds ..thst helped build the foundations that made it appealing to Pep to come. Rest is history, so we will never legitimately claim to be in a net spend positive as we have apparently cheated to gett the quality er have over 15 years plus so it skews recent activity. Fair point IF proven guilty.
What a load of delusional bollocks. Connecting Adebayour and Pep …fuck me. It’s like trying to disallow the goal of the Century because a foul throw should have been called five minutes earlier. Even if proven guilty (& no chance of that imo) it’s nothing like a fair point - they’re just clutching at straws mate.

What a load of delusional bollocks. Connecting Adebayour and Pep …fuck me. It’s like trying to disallow the goal of the Century because a foul throw should have been called five minutes earlier. Even if proven guilty (& no chance of that imo) it’s nothing like a fair point - they’re just clutching at straws mate.
That’s the thing with looking back and football history etc, all depends how far back you wanna go.
Do arsenal fans wanna go back and look at the 30s, do liverpool supporters wanna go back to the 60s and look at the ‘financial doping’ boosts that they had?

Ask them to define which dodgy funds. They’d probably struggle. If they can come up with a lucid response there have been no rule breaches proven yet. Rules that didn’t exist when the invincible were about. So if you think about it really hard so your head hurts, City’s achievements are much more impressive as we’ve operated in an environment of unprecedented financial scrutiny.

Really??...i think both have had great starts to the season.

Dias is looking back to his best and Gvardiol is getting better every game, he's a great player imo.

Our defence looked solid again today, it was unfortunate og today that's all.
I do think Gvardiol had some shaky moments. But Dias has looked great and the defense has been very solid overall this season.

Is that the same Nasri who was mocked by Arsenal fans when he was there and physically attacked by them after he joined City? Is that the Adebayour who was racially abused by Arsenal fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.