West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Having calmed down and giving it some thought. From previous experience, I think it is quite easy to tell which players are going to miss a penalty by the look on their face as they put the ball down. Mahrez's face had all the characteristics of someone who was not at all comfortable taking it. Really just don't understand why he's taking that kick with the form KDB has been in of late.
Maybe cos of what it meant and the nerves involved maybe no one else wanted to..If thats the case then respect to Mahrez.

I'm still a bit gutted we didn't get the win as it would've been a quality comeback, but beat Villa at home and the title is ours again.

Mahrez didn't have a good game at all (not many did) but he was obviously going to take the penalty, he's scored big penalties before against Dortmund, Arsenal away this season and in stoppage time against Spurs to name a few. Sadly shit happens and sadly all of our other players are poor at taking a penalty but fuck it, this is City it was never going to be straightforward! CTID
I’d have let Jesus.
I think he’s in good form, confident and he earned it too.

The players always give a good account to themselves so I will take the draw from the defeat we were facing at half time.

The only observation I may whisper with a very hushed tone is maybe Allison is tiny bit better then Ederson overall!
I don’t know if anyone agrees to this
I'm not saying that Allisson is better but how many times this season has Eddie let in the only fucking shot a team has had, or the first shot they had. Today he's managed to let both shots WHU had go in!

For everyone digging out Mahrez … fuck off

Our top scorer this season (24, KDB 19, Sterling 17, Foden 14 etc.)

Started every CL game except the dead rubber second leg vs lisbon. Came off after 85 mins in madrid and team implodes. Should have scored the goal to see us through to the final.

11 prem goals from 14 starts. 8 from starting, 3 from bench. Lost once when starting which was spurs away first week and whole team was off. 11 wins (79%), 2 draws. Team have played 23 other games, won 17 (74%), drawn 4, lost 2.

Guy scores all 6 other pens this season and then misses one and its back to turning on him.

Still in our hands so get over your entitlement

In a normal season that was a good recovery and result. However we are not in a normal season and have another team that are relentless in their pursuit breathing down our necks. Three points would have calmed everybodys nerves. But we are not Typical City for no reason and therefore the meds will have to be taken for another week.

A statistical battering, missed chances, Eddie lets in the first shot, again! Could have been disastrous and then we snatch a draw out of the jaws of victory. But I did predict a Mahrez pen miss today in the thread on penalty takers - sorry guys! For players who miss a pen or get sent off there should be a public floggin' with a stallion's dick!
How was Ederson at fault for the first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.