West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

The Villa game is a worry for me, Stevie G and the footballing gods could come back to haunt us.

We have given Gerrard so much grief over his slip against Chelsea that cost Liverpool the title, Sunday gives him a chance of redemption.

Make no mistake Gerrard will have Villa playing like men possessed on Sunday, we will have to be at our best to get the job done.
Will he? So his team talk is all about Liverpool and how his team can help them, why would that happen? Truth is we are superb at home and they will have to play out of their boots to hold us, they will unravel in the second half, Gerard couldn't win it as a player and he won't worry us as a manager

I know what you're saying mate plus there's the Coutinho factor as well, he will probably have the game of his life after being quiet for the last five or six. If we're on it from the first whistle we'll be ok, if not it could be a very long afternoon

Yea it is a real pity one coutinho having the game of his life is a bigger threat than a team with debruyne, bernardo, foden, etc etc.

Villa will have to have the game of there lives and bear in mind they have a game on Thursday night ......... I honestly think you will batter them easily

Did you see our defence yesterday? We're capable of scoring four from our thirty chances created and also letting four in from four Villa chances created. I won't be able to relax until we are at least five up.

good pen my arse, this mid high, mid right/left (between where the GK stands and the post) shots are the worst pens you can do. basically if GK gets the direction right, its automatic miss...
so that is like 50% effective, that is poor for a pen.

the look on Mahrez face just before the pen said it all, he was nervous as hell, very sad no one else stood up with more balls to take it.
this mentality is missing in CL for us, Real MAdrid would have Modric, Benzema, Vinicius, Kroos all stepping up we have players happy for someone else to take it.
like Sterling not stepping up in Euros final vs Italy etc.

Fabianski by the way a great pen killer, wonder if we did a video review on what he does vs pens and Mahrez had that input or not. probably not and thats a big detail if true. it doesnt work only the other way around what a striker does how he shoots etc.

Fabianski faced 11 pens last two seasons and saved 6 of them.
Ederson for example faced 9 and saved 1 of them.
(obviously off target/hotting post etc count as saved in stats)

When it comes to penalties, watch what Salad does. I know he's missed one this season but his technique is brilliant.
He sets up to hammer it into the bottom left but if the keeper starts to dive that way during the run up he sweeps it to the right of the keeper.

The Villa game is a worry for me, Stevie G and the footballing gods could come back to haunt us.

We have given Gerrard so much grief over his slip against Chelsea that cost Liverpool the title, Sunday gives him a chance of redemption.

Make no mistake Gerrard will have Villa playing like men possessed on Sunday, we will have to be at our best to get the job done.
Give over.

Have you not taken into account villa play Thursday night?

We will have a week off to recover and recharge, pep will have the team revved up from the first whistle.

Honestly what are thinking posting that?

'Footballing Gods' is an interesting name for VAR.

Give over.

Have you not taken into account villa play Thursday night?

We will have a week off to recover and recharge, pep will have the team revved up from the first whistle.

Honestly what are thinking posting that?

Let's hope Burnley kick lumps out of them so Watkins, Coutinho etcetera are all missing on Sunday. Mind you I think.Gerrard will rest them all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.