West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Listen Einstein now is not the time to try youngsters. This is a crucial time when experience is needed. IMO zinchenko is a quality player, a full international that Pep trusts. Yes he struggles against fast and tricky wingers but so does the likes of TAA. It’s not his position but he gives his all and he never hides and always shows for the ball and very intelligent with the ball. Yes I’m all for trying the youngsters but not now when the pressure is on.
K

Listen Einstein now is not the time to try youngsters. This is a crucial time when experience is needed. IMO zinchenko is a quality player, a full international that Pep trusts. Yes he struggles against fast and tricky wingers but so does the likes of TAA. It’s not his position but he gives his all and he never hides and always shows for the ball and very intelligent with the ball. Yes I’m all for trying the youngsters but not now when the pressure is on.
Wwell said.

If you freeze the penalty, you can see that Fabianski has started diving before Mahrez has kicked the ball. The keeper gambled, but it was a good gamble based on knowing that Mahrez usually kicks to the top right of the goal. Of his 5 previous penalties, he has scored 3 times in the top right, 1 in the top left and missed 1 wide of the right-hand post.

With keepers obviously studying Mahrez's penalties I think he should vary them more.

If you freeze the penalty, you can see that Fabianski has started diving before Mahrez has kicked the ball. The keeper gambled, but it was a good gamble based on knowing that Mahrez usually kicks to the top right of the goal. Of his 5 penalties, he has scored 3 times in the top right, 1 in the top left and missed 1 wide of the right-hand post.

With keepers obviously studying Mahrez's penalties I think he should vary them more.
I agree. Bit telegraphed that pen.

If you freeze the penalty, you can see that Fabianski has started diving before Mahrez has kicked the ball. The keeper gambled, but it was a good gamble based on knowing that Mahrez usually kicks to the top right of the goal. Of his 5 previous penalties, he has scored 3 times in the top right, 1 in the top left and missed 1 wide of the right-hand post.

He shouldn't take any more. If Foden is on the pitch then I'd like to see him have a go.

He shouldn't take any more. If Foden is on the pitch then I'd like to see him have a go.
Didn't he miss the one at West Ham in the cup?

There's no natural taker in our team, no Yaya or Balo etc so for my money use your best player Kev. He'll miss sometimes too but he'd be taking them in my mind if on the pitch.

Have a look at Cresswell on the right hand side of the area. The way he times his run and busting a gut to get in. He knows his keeper is going that way and they would have planned this in training. If the keeper saves it he knows he will be first to the ball

Didn't he miss the one at West Ham in the cup?

There's no natural taker in our team, no Yaya or Balo etc so for my money use your best player Kev. He'll miss sometimes too but he'd be taking them in my mind if on the pitch.
Now you mention it i seem to recall him missing a pen. Either Foden or Kev, as you say, but De Bruyne seems to shy away from taking them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.