West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

A month or six weeks ago, being honest, I thought we would drop more than 2 points in the league and would lose it.
I firmly believe we will beat Villa now though and see this through.

If we do, I think this will be one of our best achievements yet, given the obvious deficiencies of our squad. To win it this season without a striker again and with so many injuries and an ageing Fern as our utility go to man, would be remarkable.

But we have to learn and see that there is so many areas we need to improve on.
Haaland will be huge (sic). I think he will occupy defences so much that he won’t just score for us, but will open up space for Jack and Phil and Bernie or whoever will be up front with him.
Personally, I’d like to see Kev play further forward, closer to him, as I think he would score for fun.
We need another midfielder to cover the hole Fern and Gundogan are going to leave.

And we have to cut down on letting in soft goals. Our stats are remarkable and yet when you look at the type of goals we concede when we do concede, we usually have contributed to our own downfall.
Hopefully Walker has a few years in him without slowing down, but overall we need more speed in our defence and midfield.

The future is bright. The future is blue. Just get this summer right.
And hopefully blood a couple more youngsters.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.