West Ham United (A) - Sat 31st August, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be a tough evening’s football. West Ham under Moyes played counter attacking football and caused havoc on set pieces. Lopetegui has a reputation for defensive football so wouldn’t be surprised if they played a similar game. Assuming Rodri is absent means we will really have to be careful on counters and transitions as Kovacic isn’t quite at Rodri’s level. I also recall the old typical city habit of dropping points before the international break.

They do have real quality in Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen. No doubt Paqueta will feel he has a point to prove. Kilman seems to have settled well there. Plus between Soucek, Fullkrug and Antonio they have real aerial presence. For some reason Wan Bissaka tends to play well against us. I do expect this to be our toughest match so far.

That said we have started really well, Savinho looks impressive, Doku has done well without getting the assists he deserves and Lewis has been excellent. Haaland looks back to his first season form. West Ham away has been where Haaland and Doku kicked off their City careers, maybe Savinho will pick up his first goal tomorrow.

At the back Dias and Akanji have been really solid and KDB looks hungry. Some concerns over Ederson’s form but no doubt he will sharpen up.

If we are close to top form we should be fine and pick up 3 points, if we’re a little sloppy and concede possession too easily it could be a tricky evening.

It should be a tough evening’s football. West Ham under Moyes played counter attacking football and caused havoc on set pieces. Lopetegui has a reputation for defensive football so wouldn’t be surprised if they played a similar game. Assuming Rodri is absent means we will really have to be careful on counters and transitions as Kovacic isn’t quite at Rodri’s level. I also recall the old typical city habit of dropping points before the international break.

They do have real quality in Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen. No doubt Paqueta will feel he has a point to prove. Kilman seems to have settled well there. Plus between Soucek, Fullkrug and Antonio they have real aerial presence. For some reason Wan Bissaka tends to play well against us. I do expect this to be our toughest match so far.

That said we have started really well, Savinho looks impressive, Doku has done well without getting the assists he deserves and Lewis has been excellent. Haaland looks back to his first season form. West Ham away has been where Haaland and Doku kicked off their City careers, maybe Savinho will pick up his first goal tomorrow.

At the back Dias and Akanji have been really solid and KDB looks hungry. Some concerns over Ederson’s form but no doubt he will sharpen up.

If we are close to top form we should be fine and pick up 3 points, if we’re a little sloppy and concede possession too easily it could be a tricky evening.
I think qell cruise past em. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.