West Ham United (A) | Sun 7th Aug | Post Match Thread

Good overall performance. Not quite at our scintillating best and bits of sloppiness at times but pretty much to be expected for the first real game of the season.

Rodri was outstanding and Haaland took his goals well. Solid rather than spectacular from the rest of the team.

Bodes well for the future as we get used to playing with a 9 and he gets used to playing with us.
I think Pep will play him as false 9 from here on in.

You’re a joke !
We should have just gave you the 3 points or played our reserves
More gutted Antonio and Fab are injured - really could of done without that

What to say about City ? Just a completely different level, every player world class
You'll be OK this season mate. The heat & it being the first game of the season made it hard for you because our possession made your players run a marathon.

Our performance was encouraging. Hopefully a left back will have us set going forward... )(

TBF Hammers didn't really have 2 proper CBs, but performance will instill more fear in opponents which can only benefit us.

When there are 8 defenders in the box it's not that simple. Nobody else did any better for the most part, always the same against this West Ham side.
And presented Haaland with a decent headed chance. Grealish was very good and played his part in the 2nd goal too. I think some people really think he's going to try and dribble through a packed defence. I'm pretty sure Guardiola will be happy with his performance and that of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.