West Ham United PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
When I watched Doku’s debut at the Etihad I said to my neighbour that I wonder how patient Pep will be with him giving the ball away high up the pitch. Today he did just that and West Ham scored.

Despite that, there’s a lot to like about this young man. He can beat defenders on both sides, makes dangerous runs into the box and makes some great crosses. He tied Coufal in knots today. MotM for me.
Oh come on. you're being really unfair on him. Is he the only winger to have ever given the ball away cheaply for us? It's not even like he made the wrong decision, he simply took a bad touch. We are only blaming him post action because they scored. If he gave away the ball trying to take on a defender needlessly or forcing a pass that wasn't on, then fine, but this is just something that can happen (and does happen) to anyone. How often does the ball run out of play for bernie, for instance? It's not indicative of his game.

Doku is the answer but special mention to Kyle who is getting better with age. He’s this generations Dani Alvez

Oh come on. you're being really unfair on him. Is he the only winger to have ever given the ball away cheaply for us? It's not even like he made the wrong decision, he simply took a bad touch. We are only blaming him post action because they scored. If he gave away the ball trying to take on a defender needlessly or forcing a pass that wasn't on, then fine, but this is just something that can happen (and does happen) to anyone. How often does the ball run out of play for bernie, for instance? It's not indicative of his game.
I didn’t say I’m blaming him. It’s well known that Pep hates to concede possession in areas of the pitch where can be hurt on the counter attack. The reason is we play such a high pressing game, nearly all our players are high up the pitch when we attack and there a big gaps that can be exposed if we lose possesion. So, my comment was in the light of him giving away a couple of possessions in his debut and one today leading to a goal. If you read my post I said I made my comment during his debut, not after West Ham scored today.

He looks like a great talent and I’m sure we’re really going to enjoy watching him this season (and beyond)

Rodri gave him a bad pass imo, was bouncing a lot and difficult to control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.