West Ham v City post match thread

what a fantastic performance in what could of been a very tricky away fixture,West Ham looked like a team from a different league to us and they battered Tottenham last week,at 2 nil up i said they would score one and it would be a nail biting last half hour but in the end we just oozed class and we should of won by more,i can't wait to see us when Pelligrini has settled in properly and the team start to understand the manager and the manager gets to know exactly what his best team is,frightening how good we will be

Very pleased with that win this evening and some very good performances from Silva, Kun, Negredo, Nastasic, Fernandinho....should have been further in front earlier but we controlled most of that match for long periods. It was how City should be playing away from home against teams that are, on paper, not as good as us. The subs after they pulled a goal back changed things and settled us down again so credit to the manager. Only downside for me was a really rather poor performance (again) from Clichy.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Rammy Blue said:
We robbed Seville blind in getting the Beast so cheaply. Top drawer player that absolutely shits all over Soldado. One of the best parts for me is that he is the first striker we've had that seems to be able to link up properly with Sergio.

Intelligent player isn't he? Makes great runs and has a good touch too and we still haven't seen the best of him yet.

Yeah mate, he's got it all. I'd watched plenty of Seville and knew he was good but he seems to have improved in his first few months here which is mightily impressive. He's the perfect centre forward for us when we have players like Sergio, Merlin, Nasri and Navas in behind. He's everything I hoped Dzeko would be for us and tbh I think his speed at bedding in will allow us to look at moving Edin on, maybe in Jan, as we don't need 4 forwards.

Great result. Monkey off our back and Sergio is immense. Hoping to persuade the wife to use it as our new borns middle name

Good win and a good performance but Wet Spam currently have 8 points from 8 which is relegation form so some degree of caution is understandable.
But what can't be denied is that we played some excellent football and forced some good saves from Jussi. we may have been better in some aspects of our attacking play at Villa but the chances created today were more clear-cut. We also reverted to proper defending so the errors of Villa Park were eradicated. Four points from twelve against teams likely to finish in the bottom half is a poor return, but some of the football played today will panic some future opponents.

You can see exciting glimpses of just how good we can be at times.It looks like Pellers has learnt that if you go a couple of goals up, you need to strangle the life out of the opposition and then hit them on the break as they get forward to try and get back into the game.No team here rolls over when they go a couple of goals down like abroad,so going gung ho is no good.

It is unfortunate we made so many mistakes against Cardiff and Hull as we would be top now,but we are sitting nicely tucked in and that will do me for a bit.

I thought that was a great performance. For sure it was nervy at 2-1, but on another day we would have been out of sight by then-Jussi made some great saves. It's not often that the ball will hit the under side of the bar and bounce out as it did for the Negrado shot.

As for Sergio, 5 shots 5 on target 2 goals! Oh and the assist for the third.

Onwards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.