West Ham Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have big games every 3-4 days for the foreseeable

The Premiership And the Champions League are our priorities, and we can't do well in both unless we rotate

Short-sighted to play Aguero every 3-4 days. Do that and he'd be in trouble before you know it. I'm not sure he's fully recovered from last season's knee injuries so it may well be that City will be very reluctant to play him three times in a week.

This period, and others that follow, are why we assembled our forward line.

It's brilliant that our squad is approaching full fitness at a vital time. Touch wood everyone stays fit now.

Jovetic, Demichelis, Rodwell and Richards can all be huge for us rotation wise.

______________Hart_____________

Zaba____Lescot___Nasty___Clichy

________Yaya____Fernandinho

Silva________Aguero____Nasri

__________Negredo_______

I do think Pellegrini will go with Demechelis and Lescott as center backs seen as though they have been together for the past two weeks and the other defenders have been either on international duty or injured.

I think Micah will play too as he has been with Manuel for the past two weeks.

Demechelis getting some game time last nights tells me Pellegrini wants him ready to go!

sam-caddick said:
I do think Pellegrini will go with Demechelis and Lescott as center backs seen as though they have been together for the past two weeks and the other defenders have been either on international duty or injured.

I think Micah will play too as he has been with Manuel for the past two weeks.

Demechelis getting some game time last nights tells me Pellegrini wants him ready to go!
I'm sure he does but it's a big step-up from the EDS for 45 mins to the Premiership. Lescott is a good call. He'll have been training and focusing on this game all week

Guardian reporting Kompany doubtful for West Ham

The City manager is set to be without his captain, Vincent Kompany, after he told Belgium team-mates that he may not be ready to face West Ham owing to the quad injury he picked up before the international break.

Marvin said:
Guardian reporting Kompany doubtful for West Ham

The City manager is set to be without his captain, Vincent Kompany, after he told Belgium team-mates that he may not be ready to face West Ham owing to the quad injury he picked up before the international break.

No need to risk him - keep him for Moscow
We have MD , Joleon and Nasty for Sat - should be more than enough and of course Micah as extra back up. We can´t always fall back on VK. We did very well without him v Bluescouse. There are no excuses for a bad defensive display imo

It's extremely difficult to predict the team Pellegrini will put out for the West Ham game.

With four matches in 11 days there is obviously going to have to be some rotation, and there will clearly be wholesale changes for the Newcastle game, but it remains to be seen how he will prioritise the other games.

All three are hugely important in their own way, so it'll be interesting to see how we approach the games.

If West Ham employ the 4-6-0 formation they successfully used at White Hart Lane, then it would be extremely risky to stick to Pellegrini's preferred 4-4-2. Whilst there's something to be said for letting the opposotion worry about you, rather than the other way around, it doesn't take a genius to see we risk getting overrun in midfield, as Spurs did.

Hopefully Pellegrini will show he is more flexible than he's been given credit for so far, and adapt our system accordingly. I'd drop a striker and play an extra midfielder.

______________Hart_____________

Zaba____Lescott___Nasty___Clichy

_____Demichelis__Fernandinho________

__Nasri______ Yaya________Silva___

____________Negredo__________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.