west Midlands/Birmingham based blues or supporters clubs

I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in a West Mids branch. I was in the old Midlands CSA branch that folded a few years ago. I'd say there were probably about 70+ members and there was a hardcore of about 20 of us that used to get a minibus and do the away trips. We used to meet at The Royal in Sutton Coldfield. They were great days - despite a poor period on the playing side - and many friendships were formed and are still in place now. My mate and I met through the branch and have gone to all the games together ever since including a few European adventures. We still see some of the old crowd especially this year when by chance about 8 or 9 ended up in the same pub outside Wembley pre Cup Final. The club used to send loads of players down to the meetings for Q&A sessions, Quinny, The Goat, Nicky Weaver, Brown, Whitley etc etc nearly always accompanied by Dennis Tueart and Chris Bird. Unfortunately the club changed its policy on player visits and our branch was pretty much run by one guy - Alun, who did a great job but it probably became too much and sadly the branch folded. To echo some of the previous messages it definately requires 4 or 5 committed fans to form a committee and take on individual tasks eg, finance, admin, away day trips, etc. I know me and my mate and our sons would be up for joining ( but probably not running) a newly formed club. Good luck to whoever wants to take it on.

Recently moved to the area & haven't met any City fans around here.
Loads of shit from Villa fans when i wear my tops though, feck me they hate us

bluemoon32 said:
Recently moved to the area & haven't met any City fans around here.
Loads of shit from Villa fans when i wear my tops though, feck me they hate us

They really do, keep going on about how they're the bigger club and we were nothing before the money and now we're stealing all their players. Just ask them how many people turned up for this year's local derby against Wolves, or the last time the Holte End (the 12th man don't you know) was anywhere near full.

What happened to the West Mids branch based in Sutton Coldfield?

When I lived down there my postman ran it.

I've got some photos of the meeting when Goater was there. Tueart too.

They had a banner and everything.

im from wednesbury been going 30 years . go with cheltenham and glos branch they pick up at various points including j9 and hilton park services all welcome.

kendomcfc said:
I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in a West Mids branch. I was in the old Midlands CSA branch that folded a few years ago. I'd say there were probably about 70+ members and there was a hardcore of about 20 of us that used to get a minibus and do the away trips. We used to meet at The Royal in Sutton Coldfield. They were great days - despite a poor period on the playing side - and many friendships were formed and are still in place now. My mate and I met through the branch and have gone to all the games together ever since including a few European adventures. We still see some of the old crowd especially this year when by chance about 8 or 9 ended up in the same pub outside Wembley pre Cup Final. The club used to send loads of players down to the meetings for Q&A sessions, Quinny, The Goat, Nicky Weaver, Brown, Whitley etc etc nearly always accompanied by Dennis Tueart and Chris Bird. Unfortunately the club changed its policy on player visits and our branch was pretty much run by one guy - Alun, who did a great job but it probably became too much and sadly the branch folded. To echo some of the previous messages it definately requires 4 or 5 committed fans to form a committee and take on individual tasks eg, finance, admin, away day trips, etc. I know me and my mate and our sons would be up for joining ( but probably not running) a newly formed club. Good luck to whoever wants to take it on.

Had over 100 members. Lots of memories and brilliant days out. Always enjoyed running the mini-bus and coach. Stoke relegation was something else!

Folded as I moved to Wales, no-one would take it on. F*$kin' hard work I tell ya! Worth it though.

I'll just have to move back to Tamworth and get it going again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.