west Midlands/Birmingham based blues or supporters clubs

LongsightM13 said:
There used to be a West Mids branch of the Centenary Supporters Association, met monthly in a pub in Sutton Coldfield. Went to a few meetings back in the relegation to the third flight/promotion back again seasons, had the Goat, Michael Brown etc as guests. It packed up years ago, though.

yeah I worked in Leamington Spa for a while (1998) and used to attend The West Mids branch. My postman down there ran it......was loads of blues there.

I didn't know it had closed up. Shame that.

To form a local branch of the Supporters Club we would need to have a minimum of twenty members.
We would need to form a Committee consisting of the following - Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Secretary & Minutes Secretary.
We would need to keep a register, minute book and record of financial accounts are to be kept and a bank account has to be opened in the Supporters’ Club name.
We would need a venue to hold meetings.
As the Supporters Club is a voluntary organisation the Branches must be self-supporting. A membership fee of the Supporters’ Club, currently £4 for adults (children free) is paid in full to the Supporters’ Club for administration & running costs of the Supporters’ Club.
A £10 Branch registration fee is also payable.
An updated list of members needs to submitted to the Membership Secretary by the end of September, December & March.

So is anybody interested?

DavidM said:
To form a local branch of the Supporters Club we would need to have a minimum of twenty members.
We would need to form a Committee consisting of the following - Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Secretary & Minutes Secretary.
We would need to keep a register, minute book and record of financial accounts are to be kept and a bank account has to be opened in the Supporters’ Club name.
As the Supporters Club is a voluntary organisation the Branches must be self-supporting. A membership fee of the Supporters’ Club, currently £4 for adults (children free) is paid in full to the Supporters’ Club for administration & running costs of the Supporters’ Club.
An updated list of members needs to submitted to the Membership Secretary by the end of September, December & March.

Well if we pick a pretty easy to get to place then it would be a nice thing to do, great in terms of getting to games, something I struggle to do, its just too expensive to get the trains, im only a student lol

I'm in Solihull too. Theres lots more City fans here nowadays than in years gone by. An OSC would be great - our area must be the biggest gap on the national map for not having one.

DavidM said:

'Anybody interested?' is probably the wrong question, there's definitely enough interest.
'Anyone willing to actually take responsibility?' is more appropriate!

Adidas Barry Silkman said:
I'm in Solihull too. Theres lots more City fans here nowadays than in years gone by. An OSC would be great - our area must be the biggest gap on the national map for not having one.

Where abouts in Solihull are you?

I'll willingly help out with the formation and running of any OSC if needed. Only problem is that I probably wouldn't be able to make all the meetings due to working away on shifts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.