We've got enough....

As it stands, do people think we have a team/squad/midfield to win the Champions league?

As it stands, do people think we have a team/squad/midfield to win the Champions league?

No.

Whilst Mahrez is a great signing, I do worry that some of our 30+ players will regress quite a bit next season.

We may well rue missing out on Jorginho.

I reckon we've more than enough and are still the team to beat in the prem, champions league is a different matter but with a fair wind we would still be expected to go deep into that competition, back to the prem and apart from Liverpool who've strengthened their overall squad, no other team has made any significant improvements. I can't see how over the matter of a few months,people think our players have become old codgers, injuries could hit us but that's something all teams have to deal with

The only position we have exposure in is the cover for Ferny, we just need to identify a suitable option or maybe juggle the pack.

For me the worst case if Ferny was out would be to drop KDB back

Walker-------Stones------Otto---------Mendy
------------------------KDB-----------------------
-----------Bernardo----------Silva--------------
Mahrez--------------------------------------Sane
----------------Aguero / Jesus------------------

Or maybe 3 at the back with Stones pushing on.
--------Walker------Otto------Laporte--------
----------------------Stones----------------------
-------Bernardo------KDB--------Silva----------
Mahrez--------------------------------------Sane
----------------Aguero / Jesus------------------

Squad wise I think we have a reasonable chance .

The problems with CL was demonstrated last season by the standard of referees and their decisions imo , which proved to be critical . Can be dismissed as " sour grapes " but some of the decisions we got against the dippers were not only clearly wrong but critical to our progression, and impossible to legislate or plan for.

Squad wise I think we have a reasonable chance .

The problems with CL was demonstrated last season by the standard of referees and their decisions imo , which proved to be critical . Can be dismissed as " sour grapes " but some of the decisions we got against the dippers were not only clearly wrong but critical to our progression .

That was the difference.

We played like shite at Anfield but plenty of teams have done the same in that competition only to nick a goal or even two & turn the tie on its head.

We effectively did that but got screwed. But it is likely to happen again.

If we want to win it, we have to play at our best. We fucked up v Monaco & we fucked up v Liverpool. No amount of Jorginhos will fix that, the whole team needs to play better.

Otherwise the refs will have us.

Our squad is well balanced but with all things there is always room for improvement. Lot of fluctuation to be had in the transfer market as a whole and it is difficult to assess whether our squad is capable of retaining the title and doing something in CL. For once we are in Pot 1 CL and subject to the draw and a bit of luck it is just a cup competition so why can't we win it with what we have. Maybe things will be clearer once the transfer window shuts for everyone.

No.

Whilst Mahrez is a great signing, I do worry that some of our 30+ players will regress quite a bit next season.

We may well rue missing out on Jorginho.
We have 21 players in the squad plus a couple of youngsters. Who are the extra 10?

Yes. Liverpool got to the final and Real Madrid won it with a side that we could have beaten. There's an element of luck involved in high intensity Cup ties which can turn on small incidents but we're probably as near now to having the best side in Europe as we have ever been. Ronaldo has gone. Real madrid will have to change some personnel under a new coach, and Barcelona don't seem as strong to me as when they had Neymar, Suarez and Messi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.