What’s your favourite individual best season from any City era

SWP 04/05 - Made us a fair wedge off the back of that season. Got Samaras

Elano 07-08 - What a player, exactly the kind of player we could do with right now.

Ireland 08-09 - Newly taken over, splashing cash(Robinho, De Jong, Jo and Bellamy) yet it was the academy lad that shone the brightest and then fizzled out just as quickly.

Tevez - 09/10 a city player scoring over 20 goals in a prem season.

Yaya 13-14 - getting like 6 goals a season for us then Pellers bought Dinho and took the shackles off...WOW
SWP was the one I was gonna put in

Zabba was incredible in 2012/3. Had played in the end of season games in 2011/2 relegating Micah to the bench, then saw off the short lived challenge of Maicon.

Went for something different
Colin Bell 74/75 - joint top scorer that season
Dave Watson 76/77 - brilliant defender plus that header against Ipswich
Gordon Smith 84/85 - would have won the league that year if he hadn't been injured towards the end - special mention for David Phillips as well
Paul Stewart - 87/88 - classic centre forward, 24 goals, ha trick in the 10-1

Yaya 13/14. Scored 20 league goals from 35 appearances and it was like an adult up against school kids at times but he had the finesse and passing range as well
I’m still convinced that was not only City’s greatest ever performer in any one season but the PL’s best midfield performance over a season.

Towards the end of the season he scored a cracker against Palace away, where he took the ball from our half to their box, slotting in the top corner and no word of a lie, as soon as he picked the ball up about 70 yards from their goal, I knew it was going in, that’s how good he was that year.

If it came out he was on drugs, I’d have believed it.

I’m still convinced that was not only City’s greatest ever performer in any one season but the PL’s best midfield performance over a season.

Towards the end of the season he scored a cracker against Palace away, where he took the ball from our half to their box, slotting in the top corner and no word of a lie, as soon as he picked the ball up about 70 yards from their goal, I knew it was going in, that’s how good he was that year.

If it came out he was on drugs, I’d have believed it.
The day of Slippy G. It turned our way that day. His cross for Dzeko was immense as well. That run as you say was superhuman. What I’d give for us to find a new Yaya now.

2001/02 season 1 SWP, 2 Ali B & 3 Berkovic
wolves%20away%202001%20to%2002%20swp.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.