What’s your most irrational fear/phobia?

Birds. The winged ones. Fine at a distance but can't be doing with the flapping too close. Got chased by a parrot as a kid.

It was never a problem in Manchester but out here in remote Irish countryside, I see more bats at night than i'm comfy with. They come too close. They were actually a motivation for me to stop smoking, as I was fed up of being anxious whenever I stepped out for a night time smoke.
You know those midges that bite fuck out of everyone? Bats eat them. Bats are our friends.

Heights. I can tolerate them in certain instances but I really don’t enjoy them.

Im not scared of heights as long as im safe. Put me looking out of a top floor window, an aeroplane, no problem. Stick me on some scaffolding or the edge of a cliff and i shit myself.

I guess fear of dying isnt irrational though is it.

Swimming pool filters. Modern plastic ones I have no problem with. It's the large metal ones ,usually with nearby pipes found at the bottom of old victorian style swimming pools. Even as an adult if I go near them it's instant panic attack time. I think it started when I was a child, I was on holiday and this woman had lost something in the pool . maybe a contact lens, can't remember exactly and the lifeguard suggested it might have gone down to the deep end filter. As I was a decent swimmer I put goggles on and dived down only to find it was 2-3 times deeper than my local pools and you couldn't see more than about a yard in front of your face. As I felt around I was touching pipes, filters and I'm sure something that felt like a severed arm, which I was later told was probably part of a lane rope that had snapped.

Last edited:
Im not scared of heights as long as im safe. Put me looking out of a top floor window, an aeroplane, no problem. Stick me on some scaffolding or the edge of a cliff and i shit myself.

I guess fear of dying isnt irrational though is it.
My brother is a builder. He’s happy to work on tall building roofs and has done it as early as 16 yrs old. Me I like solid ground under my feet. I don’t mind flying but can’t say I love it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.