What’s your worst holiday experience, destination?

Only had one bad holiday fucking Margate. Too young to be a kid but not old enough to go to the pub. Place was lifeless after 8pm. Bingo in the hotel with the old biddies every night.

We used to go on holiday to La Manga quite a bit when I was a kid. Nice place if I remember rightly.
It appears it’s changed a lot from the descriptions on here. We went 4 times as as a family but over 10 years ago and everyone loved it, so much so that my lads were trying to talk me into going again. I also went twice with mates for the golf with the same reaction.

We regularly saw the likes of Dalgliesh and Souness there which thinking about it may have been the start of its downfall. Obviously not their fault though.

Only had one bad holiday fucking Margate. Too young to be a kid but not old enough to go to the pub. Place was lifeless after 8pm. Bingo in the hotel with the old biddies every night.

As someone who lives only a few miles away from margate I do wonder what families find to do for a week !.

Back in the 80's the night life was great with lots of clubs ( not much use to you at that age ). Since than the place has slowly died.
Now margate is only alive around a couple of hundred yards from the Turner Centre. It's all arty farty shit for the art set from London now. The high street is dead, litter and graffiti everywhere.
If you are into art and dont go far from the Turner Centre it's ok I guess, but i am not into unmade beds and paintings a 5 year could do better.

Malta.

Shit hole of a place. The 2 hotels were both crap, basically reclaimed timeshares that had served their 20 years time. Think I was the first person to have opened the bedroom door in a good 10 years

Nothing in Malta is finished, it's like everything is half way through. Some people say it adds to its charm, not for me.

Oh, and hospitalised for 48 hours with infected mosquito bites.

As someone who lives only a few miles away from margate I do wonder what families find to do for a week !.

Back in the 80's the night life was great with lots of clubs ( not much use to you at that age ). Since than the place has slowly died.
Now margate is only alive around a couple of hundred yards from the Turner Centre. It's all arty farty shit for the art set from London now. The high street is dead, litter and graffiti everywhere.
If you are into art and dont go far from the Turner Centre it's ok I guess, but i am not into unmade beds and paintings a 5 year could do better.

There is an age where kids are too old to go away with their parents in the UK. That was my year I just didn't realise it until I got there. Must of been pretty shite for my parents as well stuck with 3 kids and nothing to do.

Bellends and Brass, lol, exactly as I remember it, the accommodation on site was top notch, we had a couple of town houses and the golf courses were good but it was just to seedy at nighttime. I was ill there as well, got laryngitis, cost me about €200 for a taxi and doctors fees. I know that area quite well, where do you live?
I'm on the Orihuela Costa most of the time but flit between a couple of areas depending on time of year.

Went for a week on a freebie with the wife. Lasted a day before getting a car and going to Soller, which is a different world.
Went back to Magaluf for the last day/night and decided if you can't beat em etc. An afternoon on stella before dropping an e and raving in 'Bananas'

Ah Soller, I know this is the worst holiday experience thread but there and Port Soller is possibly my favourite place in the World!

Went for a week on a freebie with the wife. Lasted a day before getting a car and going to Soller, which is a different world.
Went back to Magaluf for the last day/night and decided if you can't beat em etc. An afternoon on stella before dropping an e and raving in 'Bananas'
Haha! Fucking loved a bit of magaluf as a teenager. Haven't been since I was 18 but remember being off my trolly watching the girls swimming naked in the big aquarium in bananas and wondering if life was ever going to get better.

It did..

I'm on the Orihuela Costa most of the time but flit between a couple of areas depending on time of year.
Mate has a place in Villa Martin and another couple of golf pals have moved to the Quesada/Benihoffa area. Been to some of the out of town areas, good craic at the Nuthouse in San Miguel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.