What a difference - City Fans 2014 v Pompey Fans 2019

Stayed in Watford the eve of the final, had a great night with the sunderland fans in wetherspoons , Blackpool fans were there as well , thay had been playing Watford

Spoke and drank with loads of Sundeland at the final in 14. Also remember the relagation game when we won 3-2 at Maine road.

Reminded me of City fans before the takeover. Always look out for their results now. Hope your back where you belong soon.
I think they brought 15000 fans to Maine Road that day and not an ounce of trouble. Top supporters and totally grounded unlike the majority of deluled and expectant Geordie(old school) neighbours.

I have a good mackem mate in Grindon and have drunk in Sunderland several times and haven't met anyone(old enough to know) who begrudge us success.Top lads and I wish Sunderland well for the future.

Having come back from yet another defeat at Wembley, my 6th with Sunderland, I just wanted to say (which EVERY other Sunderland fan I have spoken to has mentioned), how fantastic the City fans were that day, (and I know a lot of our lot said it 5 years ago too) compared to the Pikey c*nts from Portsmouth on Sunday.

City fans were good crack, showed a lot of class when winning easy in the end by not taking the piss, and genuinely wishing us good luck for the season ahead. Every person I spoke to that weekend from City was spot on, and had all been through with City what we are going through now.

Compare that to the Portsmouth fans, who were allowed to but 6 tickets per season ticket holders meaning there were loads of day trippers there who have never been to a game, it was edgy before the game, with Pompey fans throwing cans at the Sunderland fans, and gobbing on them from the bridge at Wembley Way, and after the game, loads of coked up Pikeys wanting a confrontation, goading the Sunderland fans, singing Northern Monkey Wankers etc.

A fair few scuffles were reported, and overall a large minority of their fans were arseholes (I know we have a few too) who were equally happy you have a go in the faces of pensioners, families and young kids, as they were small groups / fellas on their own.

Anyhow, good luck for the rest of the season, and the vast majority of Sunderland fans will be rooting for you!

Sorry to hear you came across some idiots. Dont quite recall us winning easy in 2014 as was 2-1 until a very late breakaway goal by Navas, aman not really known for goalscoring. Anyway all the best for the business end of the season...

City fan on the Kippax in 1991. Have to say that was some goal scored by Gabbiadini. Sunderland were everywhere that day. Both sets of fans hanging over the railings at the end swapping shirts and scarves..went to the first game at the Stadium of Light in 1997. Sunderland fans very hospitable in the pub before the game.

City fan on the Kippax in 1991. Have to say that was some goal scored by Gabbiadini. Sunderland were everywhere that day. Both sets of fans hanging over the railings at the end swapping shirts and scarves..went to the first game at the Stadium of Light in 1997. Sunderland fans very hospitable in the pub before the game.

I have seen it go off at roker park as well to be fair

I think they brought 15000 fans to Maine Road that day and not an ounce of trouble. Top supporters and totally grounded unlike the majority of deluled and expectant Geordie(old school) neighbours.

I have a good mackem mate in Grindon and have drunk in Sunderland several times and haven't met anyone(old enough to know) who begrudge us success.Top lads and I wish Sunderland well for the future.

Even though we were relegated, still my all time favourite away day.

I was 10 rows back, behind the goal....if Gabbiadinis header hadn't hit the net...it would have smashed me in the face....

I remember drinking with city fans before the game....no idea which pub....and hours after at Piccadilly before getting the train back to Sunderland, which where I lived at the time.
We never bought a drink all night, city fans insistent on stumping up, they felt sorry for us, and were in awe of the support....
Great atmosphere, great days, as the 2014 final was......the way it should be

Having come back from yet another defeat at Wembley, my 6th with Sunderland, I just wanted to say (which EVERY other Sunderland fan I have spoken to has mentioned), how fantastic the City fans were that day, (and I know a lot of our lot said it 5 years ago too) compared to the Pikey c*nts from Portsmouth on Sunday.

City fans were good crack, showed a lot of class when winning easy in the end by not taking the piss, and genuinely wishing us good luck for the season ahead. Every person I spoke to that weekend from City was spot on, and had all been through with City what we are going through now.

Compare that to the Portsmouth fans, who were allowed to but 6 tickets per season ticket holders meaning there were loads of day trippers there who have never been to a game, it was edgy before the game, with Pompey fans throwing cans at the Sunderland fans, and gobbing on them from the bridge at Wembley Way, and after the game, loads of coked up Pikeys wanting a confrontation, goading the Sunderland fans, singing Northern Monkey Wankers etc.

A fair few scuffles were reported, and overall a large minority of their fans were arseholes (I know we have a few too) who were equally happy you have a go in the faces of pensioners, families and young kids, as they were small groups / fellas on their own.

Anyhow, good luck for the rest of the season, and the vast majority of Sunderland fans will be rooting for you!
Sunderland away and West Ham away my 2 favourite away days for decades. Good luck to you mate, FTM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.