What annoys you about modern-day football?

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
For me its short corners. Infuriate me beyond belief!

You have an opportunity to whip the ball into the box from a dead-ball situation and the nearest opposition is, by law, a minimum of ten yards away.
The tallest players in your team are packed in the penalty area waiting for a good delivery.

Instead you roll the ball to a team-mate.....which allows the nearest oppostion player to close the ball down whilst simultaneously the rest of the oppo step up and now off-side comes into play.

So now there are two obstacles that have to be over-come.......simply in order to achieve the very same ideal situation you had merely seconds earlier!

It makes no sense!

Oh, and a winger not being able to beat the first man. That makes my skin erupt in anger-rashes too.

Bias refereeing, seem to be most games we play in now. letting the oposition get away with murder and every foul we make is a yello card. agenda someware i think!

Fuckers on tens, and sometimes hundreds, of thousands of pounds a week whose only contribution to a game of football is to waste as much fuckin' time as the ref lets 'em get away with. More so than those 6ft 3ins+ and 15stone shites who go down with each passin' breeze.

Not particularly modern day but something that's always bugged me.

One footed players, how can people being paid tens of thousands of £'s a week be unable to use their other foot apart from standing on it.

It's particularly obvious for strikers as they go through all sorts of contortions to try and make sure they use their "best" foot rather than simply hitting the ball with the other one.

stupid kick off times 3.00pm saturday, 7.45 tuesday or wednesday . no to mondays thursdays & sundays

have we ever played on a friday (apart good friday & around xmas)

1. Play acting 2. No-one is allowed to give an opinion on refs(fergie excluded of course) 3. If a player says one thing in a 10 minute interview it's pinpointed and twisted 4. Player wages 5. Ridiculous coloured boots 6. Teams that change there tops every season. That'll do for now

Stupid fucking kick off times... league football should be 3pm on a Sat, atmosphere and every thing is much worse on a Sunday and as for a monday night - they should be banned.

That and the modern breed of 'fan' who thinks watching on the tele is good enough... you are a follower not a supporter if that is the case.

Cheating.All teams and most players cheat regularly even it's in a small way like taking free kicks or throw in a few yards further on( as much as they can get away with) up to the appealling for things they obviously shouldnt to the diving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.