What are City playing at?

Tolmie With your quote on previous page do you mean it affects the players? All this shit were getting in the press is getting worse and more ludicrous by the day

Sorry can't quote on the iphone

This aside, to compare City to the Nazi's and their Blitzkrieg tactics is just unbelievable.

Actually, this jour no clearly doesn't know his history - the Nazi's Blitzkrieg tactics were hugely successful.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am --<br /><br />This aside, to compare City to the Nazi's and their Blitzkrieg tactics is just unbelievable.

Actually, this jour no clearly doesn't know his history - the Nazi's Blitzkrieg tactics were hugely successful.

Our time said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Henry Winter is a ****. Just because he can write great prose, does not make him a friend of ours.

I'd be interested to hear what City think of him after he hijacked Mancini's unveil conference?
But he was only one defending us on Supplement. Custis- now there's a ****.

City have all the power they want in how to deal with these tossers... so the fact they don't use it suggests that they are not too bothered by it all.

That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

We bend over backwards to provide exceptional facilities at the stadium for the press, we are always available for interviews... yet get treated like shit by them. Whereas baconface treats them like crap and they salivate over his every word!

Maybe we need to learn lessons from this, because at the moment we look like chumps in our media dealings. We need a "Alistair Campbell" type figure taking a lead! At the moment our media team are amateurs in comparison...

Bigga said:
Been here before around a month back.

Then, I wanted the club to give us City fans dialogue about why they allowed such abuse from journos toward us.

Not good.
Did they get back to you?

I have always said that an attack on our club is also an attack on our supporters who are the ones who have to defend against this bile in the workplace.
Some of the stuff being written could be classed as a hate crime if it was being written or directed at certain sections of the community.

Its time that the club hit back and makes these bastards accoutable.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:53 am --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
if we finish in the top 3 this season we will soon start to shut these cUnts up.

I dont think so somehow mate. They will come up with some negative slant.

Sadly you cant use Ferguson as an example of what we could do, he is unique in his position due to his sucess. Remember Redknapp boycotted the beeb for a while but he's relented now probably due to the Spurs chairman not wanting to pay fines for not doing interviews.

waspish said:
The problem is until we win something or really look the business after 15 to 20 games they'll just love to right about us moaning at the press for these articles. As much as it annoys me with these slagging write ups about us I feel we have to bite the bullet get our heads down and just keep winning games, until the tide turns or a bigger story comes along like Liverpool going into meltdown we will keep getting these write up about us

I agree with this!
I would rater be hated than pitied. Everyone hated the rags the last 20 years as they won everything going and we were their second team.
Hmm lets think about this one. Hate me all day long while I am winning.
Makes for a better atmosphere at home and away as well.
The only way to change the attitude is to win, win and pick up a trophy.

I think our PR/Comms department is out of their depths with this one TH. They do not seem to keep the press behaviour at bay or at least tempered. Sorry City PR/Comms team but, you need to rethink your strategy... May I take this opportunity to say that you have created a great web site for us fans though!

As I have said many times before. Grow a thick skin because we are the only story around and the british press are polarising the negatives of the city project. Until City get a better strategy, or win things, we will just have to put up with this over and over again.

Over two years, the press have built us up into the worst example of football ever, even worse than Chelsea when they hit the jackpot. This perception will take many more years to get fixed!

From what I have gathered so far... (and this is short term)

Waiting for silverware before we sort the press out - is not working!
Any story is good news - is not working!
Allowing for free flowing press conferences - is not working!
Allowing our players to do unscripted interviews with the press - is not working!
Allowing our players to do interviews without a final approval by City - is not working!
Allowing the media to be treated like gods at the COMMS - is not working!
Waiting for the press to move onto another club - will not happen!
Waiting for the fickle press to see the light - will not happen!
Waiting for the press to respect City - will not happen!

I think we would all like to see City throw a few punches but at the moment I sense that the Board and owner(s) have decided that a softer approach is necessary.

The 'Henry Winter of Discontent' was very much on the back foot after the Mancini presser, and I am told that City reminded a few publications of their obligations of evenhandedness.

Winter is, after what I saw and heard this AM on Sunday Supplement, very much part of the City fightback in a very subtle way> Even the dickhead Custiss was having a real go at him with digs about Marwood etc.

What I see happening is that the papers that are more journalistic in their approach are being fed and watered by City and the quality of those pieces will stand the test of time.

The other papers that lets not forget NEED to create sensationalism in order to sell, and are found in most toilets are being marginalised and don't like it.

If you get the chance to re-watch the bit where Winter and Custiss are talking about CIty it is interesting to see the trap being laid by Winter.

He gets Custiss to talk in terms of short-termism, he puts in the age of the squad and the English players we have.

Because Cusitss would argue with himself for the sake of ego it is now there for us to see, the agenda.

There are very,very strong indications that City are going to give Mancini 2 seasons and will live with a bad season this year. They can now say that it is what is expected of a balanced club and a well managed one.

As TH has said we are buying now for a number of seasons and as such the 'splurge' has provided ammunition to the Custiss's of the world but also primed the gun for the fightback.

I would say that patience is a virtue for all of us and I would also expect Cook, Mancini, Marwood and Khaldoon to be all over the broadsheets (and the friendlier tabloids) making the agenda.

It might even be that CIty talk about the gutter press and the lack of knowledge of such journalists?

How could Custiss respond if City in building success also prove how little he understands the club?

I get angry with the short term reactionary shit in the papers but think the only way that can change is to have other things to report.

It may just be the Academy, the age of the squad and the long term vision once the developments are announced?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.