What are City playing at?

I'm afraid until we start doing it on the pitch we're fresh meat!

I'm not paranoid enough to think it's just because it's City as i think it would of been the same if the owners took over any other club...............it's News!

The money that we've spent over the last two years we're fair game for criticism but start getting results then they have nothing to write about us as it's being proven on the pitch.

The danger is when our own supporters start believing the shit being written about us and start using it to lay blame at the club (seen this happen on a few threads on here)

As someone mentioned earlier we need to be thick skinned about the situation and i'm sure it wont be long until we're all licking cream from the bowl............

Soulboy said:
Marvin said:
Journalists should be free to write what they want - even if it's rubbish.

Don't see any point in trying to sweet-talk the editors. They write hostile articles because that's what they think their readers want. Football fans are jealous of City's wealth and unlike Chelsea and Co. there's a good chance that there will be more City casualties before we are succesful.

We need to grown thicker skins. And be more supportive of our own club and players even after disappointments

Are you suggesting journalists should be free to write lies about us... and it's okay to do that?

Sorry, but any organisatiuon has a right to defend itself against scurrilous and inaccurate reporting. We shouldn't be any different.

If we just roll over and take it, time and time again, then we help create a culture and public persona that will see us permanently portrayed as the pantomime villains.

I'm sure out owners didn't invest so much money on a project that would be derided and held up for mockery on such a regular basis. This has been going on now for two years.

We simply have to respond, i just fear we do not have the capabilities within the club to do that at the moment.
There are lies and there's opinion.

Not sure there's much we can do other than get it right on the pitch

Most clubs would have to take this but we have the clout to make the papers think again. The fact that we aren't doing means that we have other plans.

We are the news at the moment but when the window shuts and once we have a few wins everything will calm down.

We can use it to our advantage...seige mentality.

As another poster mentioned the only real danger is that our own supporters believe it and long for the days of little City and knowing our place. If you've not got anything good to say about City at the moment then don't say anything till things calm down.

We will get through this and then it will be payback time in spades.

The Bluemoon forum reaches far and wide, we could start posting only fair and well written articles on here and heap the praise on journalists for example MARTIN SAMUEL and any others we know of who write "facts" without the spin.
Should be in the code of conduct, only respond to "factually correct" media circulations and ignore everything else.

Danamy said:
I'm afraid until we start doing it on the pitch we're fresh meat!

I'm not paranoid enough to think it's just because it's City as i think it would of been the same if the owners took over any other club...............it's News!

The money that we've spent over the last two years we're fair game for criticism but start getting results then they have nothing to write about us as it's being proven on the pitch.

The danger is when our own supporters start believing the shit being written about us and start using it to lay blame at the club (seen this happen on a few threads on here)

As someone mentioned earlier we need to be thick skinned about the situation and i'm sure it wont be long until we're all licking cream from the bowl............
I don't think doing it on the pitch will make any difference.I remember finishing 5th under Reid but apparently that was because it was a poor league that year and we just sort of crept up on everyone.

The problem on here is that posters react to a hack who dares saying anything bad about City calling them all the c**ts under the sun and if they say something nice they are the dogs. Winter is the latest.

Sunday Supplement is brought up every week. Sky Sports News every day. Just ignore them, don't click on their websites, don't buy their papers. It's really that simple.

manchester blue said:
The problem on here is that posters react to a hack who dares saying anything bad about City calling them all the c**ts under the sun and if they say something nice they are the dogs. Winter is the latest.

Sunday Supplement is brought up every week. Sky Sports News every day. Just ignore them, don't click on their websites, don't buy their papers. It's really that simple.

I agree, and it would help if people stop posting their articles, and linking the stories on here, all it does is fuel the fire, they love looking on here and seeing a n other article with 10 pages written about it.

There's nothing going to change until City finally win something, one day.

We just got to admit that we are on a hiding to nothing, a 'lose lose' situation. If we qualify for the Champions league or better, then we have bought it. If we dont then we end up with egg on our face "look at them with all that money" etc. It comes with cash i'm afraid to say! Remember Chelskea with Abromovitch? Now its our turn. Fckem.

Anyone got a link to the Nazi article?

Reminds me of something I heard on five live a year or so back where Lawro said it was immoral that we were spending so much money while soldiers were dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Marvin said:
Journalists should be free to write what they want - even if it's rubbish.

Don't see any point in trying to sweet-talk the editors. They write hostile articles because that's what they think their readers want. Football fans are jealous of City's wealth and unlike Chelsea and Co. there's a good chance that there will be more City casualties before we are succesful.

We need to grown thicker skins. And be more supportive of our own club and players even after disappointments

perfect.

i would add that every manager in the whole world like this kind of treatment becouse may use it to compact and motive his team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.