What are the Hamburg fans like?

If you are looking for stereotype Germans, you should be more detailed.

A stereotype German from the north, very much from Hamburg would look like this:

6042-kapitaen.jpg

:)

I was wondering why hamburg are playing in red this year (or at least you certainly did against Galatasaray and Aston Villa)? I always thought your home colours were blue black and white, although I remember the friendly in pre-season you were wearing white.

Wearing red gives us one more reason to want to beat you....

cptaidan88 said:
I was wondering why hamburg are playing in red this year (or at least you certainly did against Galatasaray and Aston Villa)? I always thought your home colours were blue black and white, although I remember the friendly in pre-season you were wearing white.

Home colour white, away colour black and blue, European away colour red.

Regarding ManCity players: I think everybody is aware that City will have good players on the field, and maybe there is some extra respect for the likes of Robinho. But on the other hand everybody is aware, that pretty much everybody starting for Hamburg is an international and therefore capable of showing some brilliance in every game. Olic and Petric have shown it against a lot of international teams (including England and Germany btw), Mathijsen played even better for Holland than De Jong did during the Euros (what Euros, you will ask, I know ;) ), and Rost has been one of the best German keepers for 10 years (despite Kahn, Hildebrand, Enke, etc). The most interesting part is, that everybody loved De Jong, but he is not really missed, much less so Kompany, who very rarely showed true brilliance. Alex Silva for example has had more good games in a much shorter time span than Vince.

Oh well, overall I guess it is normal that fans of one club idolize their own players and therefore talk them up for their own comfort somehow. (see English midfield before every tournament, etc. Probably don't have to tell you about the "Rooney is the best striker in world"-rubbish, or you don't have to tell me about the "Ballack, the great leader on the field"-crap...)

So I think, from a player-to-player comparison, City might have an 6-5 edge or so, but the team effort, luck, etc will decide these two games. Looking forward to it.

cptaidan88 said:

White Shirts and Red Shorts are the Hamburg city colours. Blue socks with black & white trim are the club colours, as is the away strip - which is either black or blue or both.

Red (or maroon and brown, urgh) is the European/3rd kit...because we feel the need to play in a different strip for the UEFA Cup and milk more money from the fans that are stupid enough to buy it.

sdm said:
Good post hamburg.i'll say our goalie,left back 2 centre halfs ,2 midfielders ,2 wingers and 1 striker are probably better than what you've got.that makes 9-2 to us ,but we've heard and said all this before.

It's probably more like 11-0 in your eyes - but you would probably come to that conclusion against every opponent in the UEFA-Cup... And I'm sure you said the same before the games against Wigan, Stoke, West Brom, etc... (even though I don't want to lower the expectations of my team that low ;) )

Hamburg1983 said:
sdm said:
Good post hamburg.i'll say our goalie,left back 2 centre halfs ,2 midfielders ,2 wingers and 1 striker are probably better than what you've got.that makes 9-2 to us ,but we've heard and said all this before.

It's probably more like 11-0 in your eyes - but you would probably come to that conclusion against every opponent in the UEFA-Cup... And I'm sure you said the same before the games against Wigan, Stoke, West Brom, etc... (even though I don't want to lower the expectations of my team that low ;) )
Probably is the biggest word in the post.I've just got this feeling for us ,i respect your club and the strenth of your league.Whoever wins this will be in the final imo.

Hamburg1983 said:

We're HSV...therefore our expectations should ALWAYS be low ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.