What are the owners/board thinking???

A A

Anonymous

So, some interesting discussions going on in the transfer forum about what exactly is going through the minds of the powers that be at City.

For the first time in decades we come into the new year realistically in the hunt for the title - and yet other than Dzeko we have failed to strengthen our squad. What's worse, we have weakened it significantly. Notwithstanding the Balo/AJ injury situations, even prior to that we were lacking creative options in midfield, a pacy winger, a well rounded box to box midfield player who doesn't have the turning circle of a Stagecoach Bus, and potentially a right back who can actually has the attributes to play the way Roberto wants...

Is this a fuck up of epic proportions - and are we going to battle for 4th in a repeat of last season - or are we flapping about nothing and is the squad strong enough even with the loss of AJ to sustain ourselves in 3rd ahead of Chelsea and Spurs...?

Out: Santa Cruz, Adebayor
Injured: AJohnson, Tevez, Balotelli

Yet only In: Dzeko.

This is the one window where we can spend some money. After today everythin we spend will be part of FFPR. We have a weaker squad now than we did before Christmas with two strikers going out, two injured (although Tevez is training) and one other forward player out for three months.

What's going on?!

january market is not the right time to strenghten teams. the top players arent available.

and City really doesnt need to sign other average players ala hughes signings

If we sign no-one and Chelsea get Torres, I fear we're in a battle for Fourth that could go to the wire. I just pray that both Silva and Tevez stay fit, otherwise we're f***ed.

Tubthumper!! :-)

Of course we might be jumping the gun here as we have until the end of the window to go but i too am alarmed that given the position of strength we have got ourselves into, with the exception of Dzeko, we have failed to push on and strengthen the squad in the areas we all know we need to.

We are crying out for genuine width and a failure to address this problem and the continuation of having to endure Jo and Milner out there will see our results slip i fear.

Also, with Bobby's insistence that it is a squad game now, the weakening by letting go of so many players without replacing them is a real mystery and from a footballing point of view, just cant be explained.

We have the league position, we are sat very nicely in a European competition and most importantly, we have the money and an already very talented squad with off field plans to entice the very best here and for me, this window should have been used to really show the sort of power that TH alluded to in December.

images
+
images
=
images

Miatakes are being made.

They were made last January and it resulted in us failing to qualify for the Champions League. If the Champions League is truly our Holy Grail, then we don't seem prepared to make sure that we are going to make it.

Last season we were crying out for a quality midfielder... we got Vieira... and failed to pip Spurs for the 4th. spot.

This January we are crying out for a wide midfielder, and in spite of being the "richest club in the world" there is a deafening silence from our manager and owners.

Why try to cut our cloth now? Why scrimp at this precise moment when it's all in front of us just waiting to be won?

I didn't understand it last January, and I don't understand it this...

Reasons? Maybe we are still inexperienced at the highest levels in terms of having a back-up plan to fall back on.

Or the owners have run out of money...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.