What are the owners/board thinking???

blue_paul said:
Perhaps it's too early to judge? We could have a replacement in for AJ by the end of the window. Perhaps the club are negotiating at the moment?
In fairness, if a deal isn't concluded it was due to time constraints.

Just a little gripe. If they do now want to get cover in for AJ then it is ludicrous that they have seemingly left it till today. I know they only found out the full extent of the injury yesterday but he was injured last week and they could have started looking/negotiating then. 3 days would have been enough time to get someone in, whereas 24 hours possibly isn't.

Firstly, I dont think we realisticly have a chance of the title, cant see us making that many points up. Secondly, we all knew that the huge investment was made in the summer and then the intention was to pretty much leave it at that for the rest of the season and let the team grow. I am happy for us to do that as I think our squad is more that capable of getting us into at least the top 4. I think our owners have got it right not to make wholesale changes and sign a load of new players, whats to say they will fit in straight away? Its looking good at the minute, no need to risk it by making too many changes for me.

Its not what the ''owners/board'' are thinking. It' s what Bobby is thinking. He can hardly undermine his own position by asking for one or two new full backs to replace the two he has recently bought for example. The way he plays the width must come from there. I agree though that with SWP a lame duck and Johnno injured we would be well advised to try and bring in some pace and width in midfield. But.....he has a strong squad. Injuries happen and are part of the equation. If Bobby is not asking for this then he obviously feels he has enough.

We could always recall Vlad.......and Bellers :-)

wanting players is one thing, getting them another - why would a really good winger come when they basically know they are only a short term solution til aj recovers? hence having to move for 2nd tier players as back up (plus aj doesnt even get in the best xi when all fit)

players need to know they will be considered starters and to get in our team at the moment you need to be a top top player - these players aren't simply bought off the shelf after a phonecall

we have no idea what our owners are thinking/planning and after everything they've done i don't think its asking too much to give them the benefit of the doubt

BufordUSABlue said:
Mancio said:
january market is not the right time to strenghten teams. the top players arent available.

and City really doesnt need to sign other average players ala hughes signings

H'mmmmmmm.....

Torres
Carroll
Aguero
Suarez

Seem to somewhat disprove your theory here Blue?

Top players are available, especially if the money is right, which as we know is something we are blessed with right now.

I agree with Billy on this, surely this transfer window was an excellent opportunity for us to push on and win the title, which i still believe is wide open and a good winning run of 3 of 4 games would take us back to the top.

I personally believe that we wont have a better chance of winning the title than this season when a few teams are in transitioning stage (including us i grant you)....... dont you think that the Rags, Chelski and the Red Dippers will all be improved next season??

Things could change over the next 12 hours or so, but if Im noty mistaken 3 of the 4 players you mentioned have all had bids made for them rejected in the last 48 hours, which suggests they may not be available. Its not as simple as just picking a top name from a hat and buying them.

The thing is about our decision makers, you can take at pretty much a given that The Sheikh and Khaldoon don't know too much about the football side of things. It's a nailed on fact that Cook doesn't.

So this is down to Marwood and Mancini. I think Mancini has to be seen to back his own judgement with players like Boateng and Kolorov, so he's not going to want to cast them aside. And he'd look weak going back on his fallouts with people. Marwood I just don't know enough about his judgement yet.

Are our chickens coming home to roost a bit?

A defeat at Brum and this season is going tits up a bit in my opinion.

For me, a gunfight for 4th place with Spurs is a backwards step given supposed progress made. Finishing 5th would be calamatous for "The Project".

I'm feeling a bit uneasy too. To give Marwood and Mancini some credit, they couldnt have predicted AJ's injury, or Balotelli's. But I really think we should have quality cover in every position given the money spent.

Step forward SWP...time to shine.

Or has the manager fallen out with him too?

True_Blue69 said:
BufordUSABlue said:
H'mmmmmmm.....

Torres
Carroll
Aguero
Suarez

Seem to somewhat disprove your theory here Blue?

Top players are available, especially if the money is right, which as we know is something we are blessed with right now.

I agree with Billy on this, surely this transfer window was an excellent opportunity for us to push on and win the title, which i still believe is wide open and a good winning run of 3 of 4 games would take us back to the top.

I personally believe that we wont have a better chance of winning the title than this season when a few teams are in transitioning stage (including us i grant you)....... dont you think that the Rags, Chelski and the Red Dippers will all be improved next season??

Things could change over the next 12 hours or so, but if Im noty mistaken 3 of the 4 players you mentioned have all had bids made for them rejected in the last 48 hours, which suggests they may not be available. Its not as simple as just picking a top name from a hat and buying them.

we have enough quality strikers on our books now....apart from Jo obviously who I would ship out and replace with a lower league prospect

a midfield where we cannot play everyone due to the quality that we already have

in defence we have already srengthened where we needed to

what sort of player exactly should we be looking to bring in? (apart maybe for a Johnno replacement)

The club have backed the current manager in his approach to the development of the squad and are seemingly happy with what they have seen.

I personally see far fewer issues with what Mancini has done and far fewer negatives during the latest couple of transfer windows than under Hughes.

The FFPR are no doubt informing the decisions on the macro level, and when you calculate the wasted wages on players that are no longer delivering then it is no surprise that a buying in January was the least of the boards concern.

Edin had been a target for a while, they went out and got him at considerable cost.

The Manager made it clear that HE thought that Edin was the last piece of the jigsaw.

If the board are backing the manager then they are at least being consistant in that approach as not buying more matches what Mancini was saying.

"only the very best players now wanted and they dont become available in january very often"

The injuries are problematic for sure, but they cannot force decisions on the club as that is bad business and goes against everything we are being told about City in the new world of transfers.

Manicni has already laid out what we should expect in the future as well.

"2 or 3 players in the summer"

Now it may be that City push for one of those players earlier but I doubt it.

So the policy seems to be about doing little in January and the summer will bring in only big names.

I can live with that TBH.

As for the rest of the stuff about Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs is so far just "sound and fury, signifying nothing".

As I write this no deals have been concluded. Perhaps Torres will go to Chelsea, perhaps not but he was told to feck off by City once he was offered late last month (he had his chance and blew it and City no longer beg people to join).

So City are doing exactly what I expected they would.

It just seems we are worrying that others may get into the top four based on what happens in Jan'.

History suggests that that wont make a real difference.

danburge82 said:
Out: Santa Cruz, Adebayor
Injured: AJohnson, Tevez, Balotelli

Yet only In: Dzeko.

This is the one window where we can spend some money. After today everythin we spend will be part of FFPR. We have a weaker squad now than we did before Christmas with two strikers going out, two injured (although Tevez is training) and one other forward player out for three months.

What's going on?!

But buy who - can only buy one be that Torres - Dzeko or Carroll and i cant see barcoides letting Carroll go and i dont think Torres would come here - we go the right man

Full backs look good maybe Alves but he aont going anywhere the only player i would have looked at was Ruiz but if we are to bring players in we need to punt some out.

We have a very good squad and i cant see who is out there that is going to improve us Torres apart and i doubt he would come

Everything all clubs spend in going to be included in the FIFA fair play rules uunless the players play for free beyond the start of the season and the transfer value of the player in amoratorised so it all in.

Would like to see this group of players mature and grow if i have a complaint it would be we beed a player with the attributes of both Barry and DJ and we could then accomodate another creative midfield player.

Are you guys serious?

First i got one week of moaning because we lost a game, a game that we were dominated and far superior btw, then there is moaning because we draw in the FA cup and now we are moaning and question our owners because we only signed one quality players this window?

This forum has gone MAD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.