What are the owners/board thinking???

There has been an element of our supporters who expect new signings all the time but you need to manage what we have got and Mancini has got rid of all those making the wrong noises.

I am alarmed though at the lasck of creativity and pace if he is to keep SWP he needs to use him.

fbloke said:
I do think we need more players.

More pace and creativity i midfield has been a weakness for a while now.

A stronger CB would also be a good move IMO.

That said I don't think now is necessarily the right time to add those names.

It could be said that the latest crop are still finding their feet and we have yet to see the best of the players at Mancini's disposal so more improvements in form and results is surely expected?

Not that I would lose sleep if City bought Luiz, Torres and Xavi and Rossi though!

The post WC hangover and injuries to both AK and Boateng have definitely thrown a spanner into the plans. Boateng is a CB without a shadow of a doubt and as such, he will eventually sit in with Vinny for me so we should be good in that department. AK should be fully firing by the start of next season and we just need to address the RB spot for me as i just don't think Micah will fill that role full time and im not too sure Bobby does either.

For me though, a short term fix for width is the answer and a loan signing is desperately needed for a wide man with a little bit of pace although time is running out fast and i think we wont get anyone in.

I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Didsbury Dave said:
With the aquisition of a cross-feeding target man, and injuries to the two other players who have been featuring as wide men, I'd say it's worth debating whether it is a bit broke.

Dave, I haven't said that it's not worth debating -it is. I just think we have more or less the right squad and we have no need to panic. Up to this point Viera, Lescott and even Jo have all played a part. Maybe it's now Sean's turn ? Maybe we could play Zabs or Boateng at Left back and possibly push Kolorov further forward? the squad even without AJ is still a hell of a really good squad.

Fair enough, I misunderstood you mate. We can still put out a strong 11, no problem.

Quite incredible, well not really, how many people choose to completely miss the point with this thread.

We are not debating whether we should go and blow 200mil, we are just pointing out that we are potentially taking a risk by not further strengthening a squad which is now weaker than it was at the beginning of the season.

Not too difficult is it.....

Rammy Blue said:
Quite incredible, well not really, how many people choose to completely miss the point with this thread.

We are not debating whether we should go and blow 200mil, we are just pointing out that we are potentially taking a risk by not further strengthening a squad which is now weaker than it was at the beginning of the season.

Not too difficult is it.....

Could you repeat that buy type slower next time please

grim up north said:
perhaps the owners and the board in consultation with the player accusition dept and manager are happy with what they have,
Seems so. I have to say that every football board I've been on today has been somewhat jittery and panicky.

grim up north said:
perhaps the owners and the board in consultation with the player accusition dept and manager are happy with what they have,

Possibly but there are a few of us in the supporters department that are feeling a little uneasy about our lack of depth in certain areas right now lol.

Maybe we could have a departmental level meeting and try to find some middle ground?

Only question now is which department shall we hold the meeting in? ;-)

blueinsa said:
Possibly but there are a few of us in the supporters department that are feeling a little uneasy about our lack of depth in certain areas right now lol.
How is that different from any other day of any other year? ;)

Maybe City are more aware of what FFPR means in reality than Chelsea!

Chelsea FC plc becomes cash positive as it prepares for UEFA financial fair play rules
Chelsea FC plc today announced that results for the financial year end June 30, 2010 show the group had become cash positive for the first time since its acquisition by Roman Abramovich. The club had a positive cash inflow of £3.8m in the year compared to a net outflow of £16.9m in the previous year.The club believes it is now well positioned to meet UEFA's financial fair play rules.
In addition, the group had a reduced operating loss of £68.6m on an improved group turnover of £205.8m. The operating loss was £3.6m better than the previous year. The total loss for the financial year was £70.9m.Amortisation of player transfer fees constitutes the largest component of the difference between the positive cash flow and the operating loss.
Group turnover has increased by £2.5m despite the economic situation and reflects the strength of the team, and the attractiveness of the FA Premier League allied with the continued allegiance of our fans and commercial partners.
The main figures were:
- Group turnover was up from £203.3m to £205.8m
- Operating Loss for the financial year reduced from £72.3m to £68.6m
- Net capital expenditure reduced from £4.2m to (£15.5m) due to player sales
- Cash inflow of £3.8m against an outflow of £16.9m in 2008/09.
Chief executive Ron Gourlay said: 'The reduction in operating losses and increased sales in 2009/10 shows that we are moving in the right direction especially when viewed against the difficult macroeconomic environment.
'The club is in a strong position to meet the challenges of UEFA 'financial fair play' initiatives which will be relevant to the financial statements to be released in early 2013.'
Chairman Bruce Buck added: 'That the club was cash generative in the year when we recorded a historic FAPL and FA Cup double is a great encouragement and demonstrates significant progress as regards our financial results.'

And all of that adds up to them being well set for FFPR?

I dont see it like that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.