What are the owners/board thinking???

As I see it we have no reason to panic buy and I dont know where this sudden clamour from the Forum for "genuine pace" has come from. The last time I looked most of our Games now take place in the oppositions third. In here it's speed of thought and movement that count and not speed. Do we want the trickery and skills of Tevez and Silva or someone like Lennon who puts most of his crosses into the crowd?

Billy made the best statement in the very first post - " realistically, still in with a chance of the Title" - it's not broke and we dont need to fix it.

BillyShears said:
So, some interesting discussions going on in the transfer forum about what exactly is going through the minds of the powers that be at City.

For the first time in decades we come into the new year realistically in the hunt for the title - and yet other than Dzeko we have failed to strengthen our squad. What's worse, we have weakened it significantly. Notwithstanding the Balo/AJ injury situations, even prior to that we were lacking creative options in midfield, a pacy winger, a well rounded box to box midfield player who doesn't have the turning circle of a Stagecoach Bus, and potentially a right back who can actually has the attributes to play the way Roberto wants...

Is this a fuck up of epic proportions - and are we going to battle for 4th in a repeat of last season - or are we flapping about nothing and is the squad strong enough even with the loss of AJ to sustain ourselves in 3rd ahead of Chelsea and Spurs...?

How is AJ getting injured 3 days before deadline day a fuck up? We may have the money but we can't afford to buy all these players, the FFP rules have seen us have to restrain ourselves.

Yaya is our Box to Box, i don't know anyone else better who is attainable within the next 4 hours and why would we want someone to replace him when there is Milner,Barry all capable of playing in that position.

We don't lack creative options we have Silva who is the best in the world at opening up play, just because we lacked it at County on the shittest pitch in history doesn't mean we lack creative options. You can't just chuck in a winger or a random central midfielder and suddenly we are scoring 6 a game.

Christ lets just bid 80 million for Bale, 60 Million for Messi, steal Torres with a cheeky 99.9 Million bid and get it over with. It does not work that way anymore after the amount we have spent already we can't afford to spend ridiculous money for the sake of a squad player.

There is no attainable players available right now that we can fill those positions period. Mancini has gone for squad type players like Boateng who can play in a variety of positions and it's been made obvious with the contributions of Zabs, Yaya, Milner all starting constantly but have played in various positions this season. So position wise we are OK across the park, Balo is due back around derby time so provides another option so we are fine.

As for anything else, it's far too late in the day now and tbh we have a decent squad providing half of them can step up, players like SWP if they want a transfer need to sell themselves. Unless we pickup a player like Ashley Young who I think is better than AJ in terms of what we need anyway i can't see any movement as far as we are concerned this evening. Otherwise though we need to look to the summer for possibly the last big signing someone like Robben or similar down the right/left.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment....would it be panic buying to bring forward a summer target to today, knowing we'd have to pay a premium, to cover the AJ injury and uncertainty around Balo's injury...

Well I imagine the players we'll be looking at in the summer will be of a very high quality and won't be available. We can only guess but who knows how much we'd have to pay extra to get them in now as opposed to the summer, this late in the window with the selling club knowing they've got us over the barrel. There's also the good chance that they wouldn't settle straight away and it'd be a huge waste of money. So in that sense, eya, I do believe that with the FFPR we have to be very carfeful not to do anything too rash and piss platini and co off. Get a couple of loans in

We signed Dzeko for a high fee running the risk that he may not settle. I'm sure Mancini even said, he could be the difference between winning the title and not winning the title. So there's a precedent in this window of us signing a player to effect the rest of the season.

I do totally take your point about the risks attached...

ifiwasarichfan said:
- " realistically, still in with a chance of the Title" - it's not broke and we dont need to fix it.

With the aquisition of a cross-feeding target man, and injuries to the two other players who have been featuring as wide men, I'd say it's worth debating whether it is a bit broke.

Didsbury Dave said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
- " realistically, still in with a chance of the Title" - it's not broke and we dont need to fix it.

With the aquisition of a cross-feeding target man, and injuries to the two other players who have been featuring as wide men, I'd say it's worth debating whether it is a bit broke.

A bit broken is not worth going crazy over then?

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Well I imagine the players we'll be looking at in the summer will be of a very high quality and won't be available. We can only guess but who knows how much we'd have to pay extra to get them in now as opposed to the summer, this late in the window with the selling club knowing they've got us over the barrel. There's also the good chance that they wouldn't settle straight away and it'd be a huge waste of money. So in that sense, eya, I do believe that with the FFPR we have to be very carfeful not to do anything too rash and piss platini and co off. Get a couple of loans in

We signed Dzeko for a high fee running the risk that he may not settle. I'm sure Mancini even said, he could be the difference between winning the title and not winning the title. So there's a precedent in this window of us signing a player to effect the rest of the season.

I do totally take your point about the risks attached...

To be fair Dzeko was a high fee but it was his going rate. In fact, we probably got him cheaper considering fee's of over the £37 million we paid were touted. If we were to sign one of our summer targets now we'd have to pay a lot higher than the going rate this late in the day.

fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

A thread on a forum hardly constitutes "crazy", fbloke

Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:

Not referring to the thread, more the supposed need for new names at the last minute which is what most are promoting as a course of action.

fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Not referring to the thread, more the supposed need for new names at the last minute which is what most are promoting as a course of action.

You don't think we need anymore players? Fair enough...still not sure why its crazy that others think we do.

fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The call for names is because we think the squad is light and we are desperate for genuine width in the side.

Name and cost of player is totally irrelevant for me at this time, i just think we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.