what are you eating?

15bb051f750dafdfa635cbcb1e0446ee.jpg

Went to the Pub for tea tonight
Starters, 4 garlic bread
Main, steak, chips, peas, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, various dips with brown crusty bread
Sweet, apple pie, ice cream
3 pints of San Miguel
Lovely

Tongue and English mustard sandwich. Put the tongue in a corned beef style brine about ten days ago, let it cook for 10 hours yesterday, just trimmed it up and it's beautiful

idahoblues said:
Tongue and English mustard sandwich. Put the tongue in a corned beef style brine about ten days ago, let it cook for 10 hours yesterday, just trimmed it up and it's beautiful

I used to eat tongue as a kid. I remember exactly when I stopped eating it, and I haven't touched it since.
I was at my grans house having a tongue butty.

"Gran, where does tongue come from?"

"it's tongue"

"but why is it called tongue?"

"because that's what it is, it's a cow's tongue."

Cue me spitting the rest out and never eating it again. Only mistakenly munching down a parsnip when I thought it was a chip has scarred me more. I felt defiled on both occasions.

stony said:
idahoblues said:

I used to eat tongue as a kid. I remember exactly when I stopped eating it, and I haven't touched it since.
I was at my grans house having a tongue butty.

"Gran, where does tongue come from?"

"it's tongue"

"but why is it called tongue?"

"because that's what it is, it's a cow's tongue."

Cue me spitting the rest out and never eating it again. Only mistakenly munching down a parsnip when I thought it was a chip has scarred me more. I felt defiled on both occasions.
Too funny...I bought a whole cow and split it with some people, no one else wanted the tongue( or the heart, liver and kidneys) so I thought I'd try it, just didn't want to waste it. My wife thinks I've lost my marbles and refuses to touch it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.