What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Sleepwalk is a truly great song.

The first record I can ever remember buying, of anyone, was Vienna (the single). I remember leaving it too late to actually get a copy with the cover so had to settle for just the plain black inner sleeve! Then discovered their earlier stuff which I was probably a little too young to appreciate when it first came out. Fantastic group. I know some say they only like the early stuff with Foxx but I'm for the whole hog.
Yeh, Island put out an EP to ride Vienna's wave - fairly sure it was Hiroshima, Slow Motion and Quiet Men on the record. My ears didn't immediately take to it (though I really liked Slow Motion) but I just kept listening and after awhile I was all in. Was on an Ultravox fan forum years ago and it was all about you were either Foxx or Ure... never understood that; why pick a side, it's all music.

Was gonna post a photo of Vienna, picture sleeve + clear vinyl but thought, nah, not fair...!

Ha ha, no problem if you did post it!

Your vinyl collection sounds far more extensive than mine, although I do have the EP you mention, with Dislocation being the fourth track. Systems of Romance is an astonishing album, especially for its time. I've had a delve into my collection and also uncovered a single I'd forgotten about completely, by Midge Ure and Mick Karn.

Anyway, before I feel compelled to ask the mods for an Ultravox sub-forum :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.