What are you scared of? Your phobia?

i'm not scared of spiders
i'm not scared of becky tayloh
i'm scared of wasps and that i will die

Flying.

I was OK as a single teen/twenty something, althogh I have done 12 hours at night and been the only one awake. I'm noise monitor you see!

For a few years we did not fly after my son was born but when he was about four we had a flight to Portugal. It was a 6am flight which meant getting him up at 3am and driving to the airport.

I was in a really bad place. I could not sleep, the only thing on my mind was getting on this flying tomb. I was desperate. I looked at driving or trains. We were meeting friends and they were helpful but nothing could help me.

It was awful waking him and taking him somewhere I could not control. Those with kids will know what I mean. I was in bits, quite irrational.

I went to the doctor and was prescribed Tamazipan (sp?). Didn't help. What did was necking vokda in the bar and on the plane. The flight was bumpy but mormal. A girl next to me was crying during turbulance but I told her it was OK and normal. Isn't vodka great!

I'm still worried now but I love sun and holidays so I won't let it spoil things for my family and me. It's not as bad but always on my mind for days before. Events of today don't help.

manchester blue said:
Flying.

I was OK as a single teen/twenty something, althogh I have done 12 hours at night and been the only one awake. I'm noise monitor you see!

For a few years we did not fly after my son was born but when he was about four we had a flight to Portugal. It was a 6am flight which meant getting him up at 3am and driving to the airport.

I was in a really bad place. I could not sleep, the only thing on my mind was getting on this flying tomb. I was desperate. I looked at driving or trains. We were meeting friends and they were helpful but nothing could help me.

It was awful waking him and taking him somewhere I could not control. Those with kids will know what I mean. I was in bits, quite irrational.

Been there too. Im still a slightly nervous flyer but Im facing my demons now by getting a window seat and actually looking out of it!!! and watching aircraft investigation which has taught me how rare an accident actually is.

I went to the doctor and was prescribed Tamazipan (sp?). Didn't help. What did was necking vokda in the bar and on the plane. The flight was bumpy but mormal. A girl next to me was crying during turbulance but I told her it was OK and normal. Isn't vodka great!

I'm still worried now but I love sun and holidays so I won't let it spoil things for my family and me. It's not as bad but always on my mind for days before. Events of today don't help.

For all you arachnaphobics, I'm just about to head out for the night, got out of the shower and went to the laundry basket to get some clean undies. I grab a pair of boxers and give them a quick shake and out falls one of these.
hunt.jpg

Luckily my only phobia is heights, so I caught the bugger and threw him outside

Figgylion said:
For all you arachnaphobics, I'm just about to head out for the night, got out of the shower and went to the laundry basket to get some clean undies. I grab a pair of boxers and give them a quick shake and out falls one of these.
hunt.jpg

Luckily my only phobia is heights, so I caught the bugger and threw him outside
Yeah... if you are arachnophobic, then moving to Australia probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.